There's no denying the men in this summer's biggest blockbusters are smoking hot. But when it comes to husbands, we're looking for more than a chiseled jawline and piercing blue eyes. We've searched for - and found - America's Hottest Husbands for years now, so we're kind of aficionados when it comes to determining whether or not a guy has true dad potential. Thanks to years of practice, we applied our expertise to a thorough examination of the men of 2013's biggest summer movies. By Lauren Le Vine, REDBOOK.
Clark Kent a.k.a. Superman (Henry Cavill) in Man of Steel
- Faster than a speeding bullet, so he can always do school pick-up at a moment's notice
- Looks like that in spandex- Is a national treasure
- Stronger than a locomotive
- Unclear if all those frequent flier miles can be transferred to any major airlines
- X-ray vision allows him to see through other women's clothing
- Didn't he learn his lesson about the dangers of capes from The Incredibles? Amateur hour.- Major daddy issues
- Super handy and knows his way around cars, so you'll never need to go to a mechanic
- Is already a father figure to his sister and street racing gang
- Puts family loyalty above everything else- Extremely wealthy thanks to a successful heist in Rio
- His girlfriend Letty just came back from the dead. Drama!
- Ex-con who is always on the lam; currently persona non grata in the United States
- Plans elaborate and dangerous heists involving drug lords- Car insurance premiums must be incredibly high
Related: 25 Totally Free Date Ideas
- That body
- Powerful and extremely loyal
- Has many friends with superpowers
- Great hair genes
- The claws literally come out when he's angry
- Going through airport security with him must be a nightmare
- Canadian - does he have a green card or work visa?
- Super villains and other assorted nemeses always seem to want him dead. What a bother.
- Still rocking muttonchops in 2013 (potential hipster?)
John Reid a.k.a.
- Really great on horseback
- Stands for truth and justice; has a strict moral code
- Your dad already loves him.
- Kind of a package deal with Tonto
- Voluntarily calls himself "The Lone Ranger," so you can safely assume he's a bit of a loner
- Would probably have to walk down the aisle to "The William Tell Overture"...among other things you two would do to "The William Tell Overture"
Nick (Owen Wilson) and Billy (Vince Vaughn) in The Internship
- Internships at Google might lead to lucrative full-time employment
- Fast-talking, great at witty banter
- Super codependent (won't even pose for pictures alone)
- Lost jobs, are now 40-year-old interns
- Could fall into old wedding crashing ways
Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt) in World War Z
- Works for the U.N.
- The fate of humanity rests in his hands; seems pretty smart and competent
- Abandons family during zombie pandemic in order to save the world. Priorities, Gerry. Get yours in order.
Related: 50 Old-Fashioned Cheap Thrills
Cypher (Will Smith) in After Earth
- Still alive 1,000 years after an apocalypse wiped out all life on Earth
- Has also managed to raise his son in the cataclysmic, post-humanity universe
- It's an M. Night Shyamalan movie, so what's the epic twist? Which one sees dead people?
- Crashing into Earth left him severely injured
Raleigh Antrobus (Charlie Hunnam) in Pacific Rim
- Former pilot
- Fate of humanity rests in his hands
- Really working that black latex Jaeger suit
- Kind of a loose cannon
- Veryyyyyy reluctant hero
- Always busy fighting aliens
Mike Wazowski in Monsters University
- Fun, furry best friend (Sully)
- Extremely animated (pun intended)
- Highly neurotic
- Very spherical
- Chartreuse skin tone might clash with décor
John Cale (Channing Tatum) in White House Down
- We're talking about Magic Mike here. Sexiness and dance skills abound.
- Doesn't want to disappoint his daughter when he fails to get the Secret Service job of his dreams, so he takes her on a tour of the White House anyway.
- Dem arms in that tank top
- That whole White House trip with his daughter? Not the best idea, seeing as it's taken over by a paramilitary group during their visit.
- Repeatedly puts himself in harm's way
Related: 25 Great, All-American Dates
James Franco in This Is the End
- Has a sweet pad
- If you find real-life James Franco delightful, please enjoy this exaggerated version of his persona.
- If you find real-life James Franco insufferable, wait until you see him play "James Franco."
- Potentially high at all times
- More self-involved than Narcissus
- Always surrounded by the same old usual gang of idiots
- The world is ending, and he's just gonna dance with Seth Rogen
Dave Lizewski a.k.a. Kick-Ass (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) in Kick-Ass 2
- Has inspired a new wave of masked crusaders
- Always trying to fight crime despite blatant lack of superpowers
- Sticking with that as his superhero suit
Julian (Ryan Gosling) in Only God Forgives
- Hey girl, it's Ryan Gosling.
- Have you seen this video?
- Expert Muay Thai boxer
- The extremely violent film was loudly booed when it premiered at Cannes.
- Drug kingpin
- Morally ambiguous
After carefully weighing all the pros and cons for all the aforementioned comely gentlemen, the summer movie stud with the hottest husband potential is...Superman! As long as he doesn't complain about how long it takes you to get dressed. We don't all wear two outfits at once, Clark.
More from REDBOOK: