Ryan and Trista Sutter. Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImageBy Samantha Mucha for Cupid'sPulse.com
For the past decade, the world has become infatuated with reality TV shows. However, most people are less interested in the everyday lives of the featured stars, but rather their drama-filled love lives.
There have been beds flying across rooms, as seen on MTV's Jersey Shore with Ron and Sam, and a couple of weddings on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. We've been in shock, we've laughed and we've cried with reality stars as we sit on our couches and watch them make the same mistakes over and over again. No matter how many times the things happens, we're drawn in and simply cannot take our eyes off the screen.
Through all of the deceit and drama, most reality relationships end in failure; however, there are a few couples that beat the trend and have ended up happy and successful together:
1. Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jionni LaValle: With Polizzi and LaValle expecting their first child and discussing future wedding plans, they proved they were able to make their love last … at least for now. This couple fell in love quickly after meeting in New Jersey and began dating after hooking up with each other on The Jersey Shore; but when Polizzi left to film in Italy, they ran into some issues. After a major argument and break up, the two lovebirds were able to restore their romance and are now happier than ever.
Related: Snooki's Pregnancy - Can You Salvage Your Image?
2. Trista and Ryan Sutter: After being the runner up on The Bachelor, Trista went on to become the star of the first season of The Bachelorette where she met the love of her life, Ryan. They have been happily married for the past seven years and are now the proud parents of son, Max, and daughter, Blakesley. Although this pair's love story began on television, they opted out of raising their family in front of millions of viewers and cherish their "normal" life in Colorado. Trista told Parade, "We never would have met have if it had not been for the show, so we're thankful for that. For the most part, we do live a quiet life out here, and I think it's definitely helped to keep us grounded and together."
Related: How to Avoid the Reality Show Relationship Curse
3. Matt Hoover and Suzy Preston: This duo's romance began after meeting on The Biggest Loser and quickly grew as the two took long walks while getting to know each other Eventually, Hoover and Preston dined at a healthy restaurant for their first date after the finale and have been together ever since. Their success on The Biggest Loser gave them a unique foundation for their romance, and Hoover proposed to Preston live on the Today show. "I saw him at his worst, absolutely," Preston told People. "And he saw me at my worst. He saw me sweating and passing gas." Luckily, their sweat and hard work not only led them to healthy lifestyles, but to a happy marriage as well.
4. Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt: Ex-friend Lauren Conrad's show The Hills led this couple to meet. Although the show destroyed Montag and Conrad's relationship, it caused Pratt and Montag's relationship to blossom. Through struggles and hardships this couple has managed to have a lasting marriage.
5. Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo: Who would have thought a relationship could bloom out of recovery from a marriage gone wrong. This Hollywood duo began dating after Minnillo, the Total Wipeout host, starred in Lachey's music video "What's Left of Me" in 2006. The couple is happily married and are expecting their first child! Minnillo told Dailymail, "I can't wait to meet my new son or daughter!"
Who are some other reality couples that have found real love? Share your comments below.