By Kayla Miller, REDBOOK
Kyle, 30, and Courtney, 29, have been engaged for six months. Every once in a while, Courtney suggests they go out to dinner rather than stay in and cook. Kyle usually doesn't want to go out and would rather save money by staying in, since he usually foots the bill. Kyle reluctantly agrees to go out to dinner but thinks Courtney should pay because it was her idea. Who's right?
He says: It was her idea to go out, so why should I be paying for something that wasn't my idea? If she would pay for her meal, I wouldn't mind splitting it 50/50.
Related: What He Secretly Doesn't Want in Bed
She says: He never wants to go out anymore, so when we do, I feel like he should be the gentleman and pay for the entire meal. We're going to be married soon so isn't his money my money?
- Kyle should pay. It's tradition.
- Courtney should get with the times and offer to split the bill.
More from REDBOOK:
Could You Go a Week Without Yelling?
Have the Hottest Sex of Your Life…with Your Husband
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
- 101 Date Night Ideas
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.