Gentlemen, a show of hands: Who's having enough sex these days? We commissioned a nationwide survey to find out when (and where and why) American men are having sex right now, and the results reveal the expectations, frustrations, proclivities, perversions, and fantasies that define how we're doing it. Let's get started, shall we?
FOR THE BEDROOM: 10 Ways to Have Better Sex, According to Science
This survey was conducted exclusively for Esquire by Beta Research Corporation, an independent firm located in Syosset, New York. The 522 respondents were randomly selected from a pool of Internet-connected U.S. men aged 21 to 59, balanced to represent the U.S. population of men within this age group. They completed the online survey between January 23, 2012, and January 25, 2012. Because of rounding, some percentages may not add up to 100.
• Married men are 25% more likely to say they're very satisfied with their sex lives over their single peers...
• 14% of married men have had at least one sexual encounter with another man
• 34% of men in committed relationships have cheated on their current partner...esquire
• 10% of men don't believe oral sex counts as "sex"
• Only 34% of men regularly wear a condom...
• 43% of men have had difficulty getting and/or maintaining an erection...
MORE SURPRISING FACTS: The Survey of American Men
• Only 24% of men prefer their partners to have large breasts
• 22% of men said they have had 20 or more sex partners in their lifetime...esquire
• When asked what their biggest anxiety is when having sex with someone for the first time, men are more than four times as likely to say they are concerned with their sexual performance than with contracting HIV
• Only 13% of men prefer woman on woman pornography
• Woman on top ("cowgirl"), man on top ("missionary"), and man behind woman ("doggy style") nearly tie for favorite sexual position...esquire
Photo credit: Diana Scheunemann
- The Hottest Women in the World!
- A Man's Guide to Taking Care of Himself
How to Be a Better Parent - and Child
75 Things To Do Before You Die
10 Ways to Heat Up Your Love Life
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.