By Ayana Byrd, REDBOOK
Wanna get to your 50th anniversary? Steal these to-do's from pairs who've been together for years (and years!).
1. Have crazy adventures: "We never wanted to be the couple that does the same thing every night. Recently, we went to the airport without a plan-and ended up in San Francisco."- Gloria and Herb Schoenfeld, married 52 years
Related: 10 Things Never to Say to the Man You Love
2. Set aside time just for you: "When we had kids, an older friend told me, 'When the kids leave, it's just you and him; don't be strangers.' So we created Friday-night dates and we still do it 30 years later. Friends call it 'Harvey-and-Delores time.'" - Delores and Harvey Brown, married 41 years
Related: 5 Dresses Every Woman Should Own
3. Wake up and fall asleep to a kiss: "We kiss every morning and night, though I've been guilty of going to bed angry. But whenever we don't kiss, I can tell the difference; the day feels incomplete. A kiss is a very powerful thing!" - Fairley and Cecil Baker, married 45 years
Related: 9 Summer Finds That Make Every Woman Sexier
4. Leave love notes: "When Bob was in the military, he sent me a letter every day. Looking back, that was how we got to know each other so well. We still write daily love notes!" - Jan and Bob Lewis, married 52 years
More from REDBOOK:
Could You Go a Week Without Yelling?
Have the Hottest Sex of Your Life…with Your Husband
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
- 101 Date Night Ideas
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.