By Chiara Atik for HowAboutWe.com
As you probably know by now, the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton was a stunning, elegant, and regal affair. But did you catch all the quirky moments as well? Here are 8 things you may have missed!
Related: Pippa Middleton and Prince Harry: Totally Gonna Hook Up Tonight, Right?
1. Pre-Wedding Sing-A-LongApparently, the crowd camped outside of Westminster Abbey started (somewhat deliriously, I assume) singing "Get Me To The Church On Time" from My Fair Lady. Uhm, that's pretty adorable. Or really embarrassing, take your pick.
2. The Princesses Beatrice and EugenieThey are like, the Lady Gagas of Princesses.
3. And The Bride(smaid) Wore WhitePeople were pretty surprised to see Bridesmaid Pippa Middleton wearing Ivory. But, it would have been sort of jarring, since Pippa was the only attendant in a very monochrome wedding, to have her randomly wearing Mauve or Periwinkle or something, wouldn't it?
4. The Groom Didn't Face The AisleSo, this was weird...when Kate was making her epic 4 minute trek down the aisle of Westminster Abbey, William had his back turned toward her the whole time. On the one hand, totally weird...on the other, it gave us the completely adorable moment when Harry turned around, snuck a peak at the Bride, and told William "She's here!", followed by William's floored reaction to Kate when she finally got to him.
Related: Prince William Won't Wear A Wedding Ring: Is This Okay?
5. "You Look Stunning, Babe"According to a lip-reader interviewed by the Daily Telegraph, these are the words with which William greeted his princess bride. (Duchess bride?) First reaction: Awwwwwwwwwwww! Second reaction: "Babe"?
6. Prince Harry At The Kid's Table CarriageWhy??? I mean, definitely not complaining. But why??
7. Little Grace Van CutsemShe's the daughter of one of Will's oldest friends, and, who knows, maybe she will find the cure for cancer or something? But until then she will probably be forever known as the little girl who adorably held her hands over her ears during William and Kate's first kiss. (At one point, after the flyover, the little girl complained about the noise, to which Kate agreed "Yes, it's loud!")
Related: Kate Middleton E-Cards!
8. Surprise Convertible Ride
So we weren't supposed to see Kate and William after they appeared on the balcony. But, as a total surprise to the media, they made an appearance in an Aston Martin, which Will drove himself. The couple was beaming, relaxed, and completely comfortable going out into the masses with minimum security behind them. Oh, and in case you didn't know?
These kids just got married.
More From HowAboutWe:
10 Ways To Improve Your Dating Life
8 Rules For The Perfect Romantic Gesture
Public Displays Of Affection: 7 Commonsense Guidelines
The Date Report is the companion blog to HowAboutWe.com, a dating site that makes it fun and easy to go on awesome dates. How it works: 1) Invent fun dates. 2) Ask people out. 3) Do something awesome, together. Sign up for free here