Bubble baths are a great way to treat yourself after a stressful day!Just because you're single doesn't mean you shouldn't be treated to the finer things in life. The best part about being single is doing things for yourself and on your own terms. So quit your sulking and get to pampering. It's important to be good to yourself. Here's how:
1. Buy yourself flowers. Flowers not only brighten up a room, but can brighten up your day. Don't wait for someone else to buy you flowers; do it now for yourself.
2. Take yourself out. Get dressed up and take yourself out on a date. It might be scary at first to go into a restaurant alone, but it also takes a huge amount of confidence, and confidence is sexy. Men love sexy, so you never know - you just might meet someone while you're out there.
3. Eat dessert for breakfast. The one thing I love to do when I wake up cranky is have cupcakes for breakfast. Being an adult means deciding you can have chocolate when you first wake up, and being single means there's no one around to judge you.
4. Get lost. Have an adventure by yourself, take the long way home, or get lost on purpose. There's freedom in the wild, and a thrill when you find your way home again - both literally and metaphorically.
5. Spa day. May sound relatively cliche, but a spa day either alone or with friends is a surefire way to feel truly pampered. It will also do wonders for your complexion. Or the smoothness of your skin. Or your gnarly feet.
6. Do something totally new with your hair. Change is a good thing! Look at how often Madonna has reinvented herself over the last few decades. Don't be afraid to take a risk with your looks and try something new - even if it means finally dying your hair that shade of red you've wanted to try since you were 13 years old.
7. Drink champagne. Even the cheapest champagne (although not so stellar on the palate) can make any gal feel like a princess. Especially if you have fancy champagne glasses to go with the sparkly beverage.
8. Take a class. Perhaps you've wanted to take a class in French cooking or finally learn how to throw on a pottery wheel. Now, while your life is free of drama, is the time to expand your interests and your repertoire of knowledge.
9. Bubble baths are your friends. The movies may try to tell us that bubble baths are for romantic couple moments. Pfft. Once you embrace just how awesome it is to light up some candles and take a bubble bath solo, you'll make it a weekly ritual.
10. Buy new lingerie and/or sheets. Satin sheets and lacy underthings are intimate items that can make you feel sexy even if you're not seeing anyone. Just because you're single, it doesn't mean you shouldn't be wearing the cutest low-rise hip-hugger undies on the block.
What do you do to indulge yourself?
More From YourTango.com: