Say AnythingBy Alexa Breslin, Life2PointOh.com
It hurts. Actually, that's an understatement. It hurts like $#%*@* hell. But it's supposed to. One minute ago you were in a relationship, and suddenly… you're not. Whether it was your decision, his, or a mutual agreement, you may find yourself feeling overwhelmed, confused, sad, angry, or all of the above. Let's be honest here. Break ups are hard and everyone deals in their own way. Maybe you refuse to take off your old high school sweatpants. Or maybe you haven't showered in three days. However you're handling it, here are ten ways to get your fabulous self out of bed and back on the road to being you.
- Cut all ties with him. We know it's hard, but defriending him on Facebook will help you move on more easily. You are going to want to stalk him. And in this day and age, the internet makes it so easy. But you know seeing a wall post from some random girl will drive you crazy for days. You will analyze the death out of it. Why put yourself through that? While you're at it, get rid of his things and any pictures you have laying around. Make a clean break. You'll thank yourself later.
- Fight the urge to stand outside his window with a boom box (well, let's be honest - it's 2011 and you'd probably be holding your iPhone, but boom box just sounds so much more romantic) over your head. It was cute when John Cusack did it in "Say Anything" but this is real life and in a couple months when you're able to look yourself confidently in the mirror and realize you're better off without him, you're going to feel silly you once thought that was a good idea.
- Have you always wanted to learn how to knit? Maybe you've been meaning to join a book club but just haven't found the time? Now that you're a single lady, you should spend the time you would have spent with him doing something for you. A new hobby will keep you busy and occupied, and you might even get some enjoyment out of it, too.
- Ice cream, wine, Sex & the City; repeat as needed.
- Plan a girls' only night with your closest girlfriends (or if you're not feeling up to it, enlist your BFF to handle the plan-making). You might just want to mope around in your pajamas, but surrounding yourself with people you love is necessary when trying to move on. Just be sure to ask someone else to handle your cell phone to ensure you don't drunk dial your ex.
Photo Credit: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation