Thank to Match.com, we have been inspired to book a road trip!
Match.com has compiled a list of the Top 10 places you'll find the nerdiest singles to date.
Being a nerd has become a hot trend. With the popularity of Twitter, Facebook and The Social Network bringing home three Academy Awards, if widening your search for love now includes dating a nerd, I have good news for you.
Match.com released a report with the top ten nerdiest cities to find a date. This list was based on their highest educated single members on their online dating site.
So expand your geographic requirements, post a new zip code in your search, and cast a wide net to include some of these cities. You'll meet some interesting and smart singles guaranteed to provide you with an intellectually stimulating conversation. California leads the list with three cities in the Top 10.
- Sunnyvale, CA - One of the top cities in Silicon Valley, Sunnyvale is home to Yahoo!, Palm, and Juniper Networks. You'll also find some smart singles working at Lockheed-Martin, Northrop Grumman and Honeywell.
- Cambridge, MA - Home to Harvard and MIT, you'll find some relationship-ready singles at graduation time.
- Somerville, MA - Close enough to Boston's numerous colleges, and home to Tufts University, the town was known for the creation of Marshmallow Fluff.
- Berkeley, CA - Home to the University of California Berkeley and not far from Silicon Valley, you'll find some smarties in this liberal town.
- Santa Clara, CA - In the heart of Silicon Valley, you'll find some single nerds working at Intel and Sun Microsystems along with some smaller high-tech companies.
- Ann Arbor, MI - Home to the University of Michigan and hosting a satellite office for Google, Ann Arbor is filled with home-grown startups.
- Boulder, CO - You'll find the University of Colorado as well as numerous film festivals in this Rocky Mountain town.
- Columbia, MD - CNN's Money Magazine listed Columbia in the top ten places to live. Close to the National Security Agency and the Fort Meade Army base and commuting distance to Washington, DC, this town is worth taking notice.
- Fairfax, VA - Home to George Mason University and over 6000 technology companies in Fairfax County, you're in a good locale as online dating is a numbers game.
- Rockville, MD - Over 150 technology companies are located in Rockville, making it one of the most popular cities to date a nerd.
Written by Julie Spira for YourTango.com
More From YourTango.com: