Of course he's worth it, but...let's just say, life is different after tying the knot. We asked real women what they sacrificed to be married to the loves of their lives.
"I lost my 1 a.m. shopping sprees. I used to go to the 24-hour Walmart in the middle of the night."
- BARBARA MANCINO, 47, HENDERSON, NV
"I lost sleep! My husband tosses and turns all night. Well, truthfully, I lost sleep for a fun reason too, but I'm not complaining about that!"
- B. BAKER, 29, SAN ANTONIO
"My closet! He has three times the clothes I do."
- CHRISTY CAREY GREAGOR, 39, BANKS, OR
"My skinny jeans. My husband's cooking is too good!"
- VAL BECK, 29, HOLBROOK, NY
"I lost my dream of the perfect man. I married an imperfect one, and it's a blessing! What I thought I wanted in a man was unrealistic. What I actually got was a friend and partner."
- TULA SMITH, 63, GRANITE FALLS, NC
I gave up smoking for my hubby - and, despite the occasional cravings, am happy to say that I'm smoke-free to this day! What about you, ladies? What did you give up for better or worse?
More from REDBOOK:
Could You Go a Week Without Yelling?
Have the Hottest Sex of Your Life…with Your Husband
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
- 101 Date Night Ideas
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.