Photo: ThinkstockWhat's the latest science on sex? Here are four expert findings that may surprise you.
1. The scent of a woman's tears decreases sexual arousal in men, according to research from the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel.
RELATED: 14 Really Good Sex Questions Answered!
2. A study at the University of Toronto has revealed that male rats raised with more sisters than brothers are less appealing to potential female mates.
RELATED: What Women Can Learn from Men
3. Based on the thorough scientific review of natural aphrodisiacs to date, conducted at the University of Guelph in Ontario, ginseng root boosts arousal and sexual satisfaction, and chocolate increases desire.
RELATED: Love, Food and Healthy Aphrodisiacs
4. A recent study found that a man is more than twice as likely to stay with an unfaithful girlfriend if she cheats on him with a woman than with a man, whereas women are more likely to break up with a boyfriend over a homosexual affair than a heterosexual one.
RELATED: Pacing a Relationship: A Step-by-Step Guide to Getting it Right
More from O, The Oprah Magazine:
- Quiz: Is It You or Your Life That's the Problem?
Stylish Gifts That Give Back (for Under $100)
- 10 Ways to Beat the Back-to-School Blues
- How to Have Fun with Your Family in 2 Hours or Less
- Subscribe to O, The Oprah Magazine and save up to 78%