Photo: Getty Images/Alexa Miller
By Melissa Tierney for Cupid's Pulse
Almost everyone has a song that reminds them of summer. Whether it's a tune you jam to in the car, or a melody repeating on your IPod, summer anthems represent a piece of who you are and how you think, particularly when it comes to love. That's why we've taken a look at this summer's hottest hits and analyzed what we think they mean about your relationship style. Check out what we've come up with below:
1. 'If I Die Young' by The Band Perry: If you crank up the volume when this song starts playing, then you're probably a hopeless romantic. After all, what's more heart-warming than lyrics like "send me away to the words of a love song," or "I've never known the loving of a man, but it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand." Even if you haven't found that special someone this summer, liking this tune shows you still have hope for love, and that you're ready to find the person who will make you feel special.
2. 'Last Friday Night' by Katy Perry: If this is your choice, then you're a free-spirit. You spend the dog days living life, and you're probably single and loving it! If you're not single, you're still super independent. Katy Perry is definitely a free spirit. With lyrics like, "Yeah we danced on tabletops, and we took too many shots. Think we kissed, but I forgot," this song is the perfect summer girl tune.
3. 'Rolling in the Deep' by Adele: If you can't get this song out of your head, it could be that you've gone through a recent heartbreak. Adele sings about her deepest feelings, and the lyrics of this song say it all: "The scars of your love remind me of us. They keep me thinking that we almost had it all. The scars of your love, they leave me breathless." Most of us have experienced heartache before; and this song lets you know you're not alone.
4. 'Grenade' by Bruno Mars: If you're in love with this song, it could mean that you're in love with love. "I'd catch a grenade for ya, throw my hand on a blade for ya, I'd jump in front of a train for ya, you know I'd do anything for ya." The song represents true love, although Bruno Mars wrote it after suffering through a heartbreak. The point is, when you love someone, you would do anything for them. We all hope for a relationship like that.
5. 'Give Me Everything' by Pitbull: Obsessed with this song? If so, you've fully embraced love, and you've found your summer romance. With lyrics like, "Tonight I will love, love you tonight, give me everything tonight. For all we know, we might not get tomorrow. Let's do it tonight," it shows you're happy with your current squeeze and want them to know you don't take them for granted.
What do you think your favorite summer song says about your relationship style? Share your thoughts below!