By Jenny Everett, SELF magazine
Is your relationship destined to die this weekend? Facebook says yes!
Related: See how to cook once and eat healthy all week
Strange (but true?) news: The biggest peak in break-ups happens this Saturday, exactly two weeks before Christmas. That's according to a wacky new analysis by writer David McCandless, who examined 10,000 Facebook status updates for break-up trends (um, how can we get a job "analyzing" Facebook updates?).
Related: Need a running plan? Try one of ours!
We're not sure we totally buy this stat, but it does make sense that the holidays are prime time for relationship strife. With all of the hectic gift-buying, party-going and family gatherings, we're all crazy stressed, and who has the time to nourish a relationship amid the frenzy?
Luckily, we're here to help. Learn how to safeguard your love bond, during "break-up season" or anytime, with these smart tips:
- Crank up your chemistry (get spicy tips here).
- Bond through the hard stuff (how to do it).
- Commit to intimacy (with this handy calendar).
*Bonus: If your relationship survives until Christmas, you're golden. According to McCandless, December 25th has the lowest break-up rate all year. Phew!
More from SELF:
- Heidi Klum's Happy, Healthy Life
- 10 Ways to Lose Weight Like a Guy
- How to Destress with Yoga: How To Do A Sun Salutation
- The Workweek Diet
- Makeover your upper body now!
Photo Credit: WWD