- Redbook | Love Your Body | Mon, Nov 19, 2012 10:08 AM EST | CommentsThink of your skin like an overachiever at school. It's constantly generating new cells to help protect your body from the outside world, which means the average adult can shed as many as 50,000 dead skin cells every minute. Some of those cells may have a little trouble letting go; however, which is why you should exfoliate one or two times a week. Ditching dead skin cells will help prevent clogged pores, which can lead to breakouts. In ultimate quest for softer, healthier, glowing visages, we teasted latest exfoliators on the market -- all of which retail for under $50. By Lauren Le Vine, REDBOOK.
- Galtime.com | Love Your Body | Tue, Nov 20, 2012 10:53 AM EST | CommentsUp for Jumping Warrior? New Workouts Combine Yoga and Plyometrics
Yoga Gets Jumping
Ever stretched into down dog, then practiced your jump tucks? A new trend for fall and 2013 is yoga workouts with plyometric intervals....Read More »
Plyometrics are explosive jumping and level-changing moves that use your body weight as resistance, and require your muscles to fire away in short, intense bursts of power. As a former college cheerleader, and current personal trainer and yoga instructor, I didn't want to have to chose between my "ohm" days or my jumping workouts from the squad, so I created a workouts to combine gymnastics-inspired plyometric cardio intervals - like jump tucks, split jumps, and squat thrusts - with advanced balancing yoga moves - like firefly (titibasana), wheel push ups, warrior III booty boost, rockstar, handstands, side crow and 8 angle pose (astavakrasana) - that build upper body strength, boost your booty and require a lot of breath control and ment
- The Editors Of Women's Health | Love Your Body | Tue, Nov 20, 2012 2:17 PM EST | CommentsIt's not surprising these days to see women dominating inside the sports arena, but the number of women rising in the ranks behind the scenes is also growing. More female trainers than ever are working with the country's top athletes--from WNBA players to collegiate quarterbacks--and it's their knowledge of physiology, injury prevention, and rehabilitation that keeps the athletes performing at their peak. No matter what your fitness level, these athletic trainers' workout tips will make you a star performer.
Fitness secrets from the country's best female athletic trainers that will turbocharge …
TRAINER: Ariko Iso, 41, Head football athletic trainer at Oregon State University
Iso became the first female athletic trainer in the NFL when she was hired by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2002.
If you want an all-in-one training tool, Iso says the TRX Suspension System is worth the investment. She likes the portability and how it makes any body-weight move more challenging. "The fact that it's suspended means you have to use your core to st...Read More »
- Wed, Nov 14, 2012 9:30 AM EST | CommentsGot stress? A pounding headache? Nausea? A case of the yawns? Healthy eating may fix that! Experts say that some foods work like medicine to help cure what ails you, and we have the latest information on the foods to eat to feel better fast-yes, even after a colossal breakup.
Forbidden FoodsYou Should Avoid If You Want to Lose Weight
- Galtime.com | Love Your Body | Fri, Nov 9, 2012 10:32 AM EST | CommentsTime is a precious commodity and with the fast-paced, urgent world we live in, most people push their needs -- including exercise -- to the bottom of their to do lists. You may not have thought of it this way, but exercise saves you time and will most likely add longer and stronger years to your life. Read on for 10 tips to make time for exercise.
Fitting in working out isn't as hard as it may seem!
Taking a little time for exercise will surprisingly help you manage other areas of your life. Some of the positive effects include lifting your mood, boosting your self-esteem and reducing your stress. Exercising gives you a healthier focus. Those who exercise are sick less often, report being happier and even make more money then those who do not. Exercisers make healthier food choices and sleep better. If you can manage to make exercising a priority, you will be pleased with how much better you become at managing life tasks.
10 TIPS TO MAKE TIME FOR EXERCISE:...Read More »
PICK OF THE DAY
- Cozy knits for your body shape Love Your Body