A few weeks ago my daughter asked if she could interview me for a school report. The requirement was for each student to inteview any mother they knew to gain insight about them as a person. They were to develop their information in a slideshow presentation. Other than that they had free reign with what they presented to the class.
Based on the questions she asked I thought she was going to present the information as a biography. I was delighted when she came back from school the day she presented and showed me the attached presentation. Imagine my surprise when I read what she wrote. It was a simple and honest assessment of me, her mother, and what I hope she takes with her when she becomes a mother herself.
Herewith are the top seven tips and tricks she gleaned from our interivew, her full slideshow is below:
How to be a good Mother:
- Step 1: Know that you want to have kids
- Step 2: Know what you are in for
- Step 3: Be prepared for anything
- Step 4: There will be struggles
- Step 5: Make room for a new lifestyle
- Step 6: Keep your priorities straight
- Step 7: Enjoy your kids