By Diane Mizota, Host of This Week in M.O.M.
THIS WEEK IN M.O.M…Do you want a quick and easy treat to make with your kids? These Rice Krispies flowers are just the thing for Spring!
Rice Krispies* Spring Flowers
Box of Rice Krispies
1 package marshmallows
¼ cup of butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 bag of green gummy candies
1 package of lollipop sticks
2-3 containers of pastel colored icing
2-3 tubes of pastel sprinkles
1 bag of jellybeans or other small candies
Flower-shaped cookie cutters
- In a bowl, mix one package of marshmallows and ¼ cup of butter or margarine.
- Melt in the microwave on high heat for 3 minutes, stirring every minute to get a smooth consistency.
- Once melted, add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract for flavor and 6 cups of Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal.
- Mix well and then spread into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Refrigerate pan for 1 hour to set.
- Once cooled, pop Rice Krispies Treats out of pan and onto a cutting board.
- Use flower-shaped cookie cutters to carve out several Rice Krispies Flowers.
- Stick 2-3 green gummy candies onto each lollipop stick as the petals.
- Place Rice Krispies Flowers on top of lollipop sticks.
- Lie Rice Krispies Flowers flat on surface and decorate with pastel-colored icing, sprinkles, jelly beans, or any small candies.
- Place decorated Rice Krispies Flowers flat on a tray and refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Finally, stick your Rice Krispies Spring Flowers in a decorative planter, vase, or basket.
1 day 15 hours ago
8 days ago
11 days ago
15 days ago
24 days ago
28 days ago
29 days ago
1 month 5 days ago
1 month 6 days ago
1 month 7 days ago
1 month 8 days ago
1 month 9 days ago
1 month 16 days ago
1 month 20 days ago
1 month 21 days ago
What was the biggest mess your little ones ever left you?
This poll is expired
Japan officials deny PM residence is haunted
Inside 'Da Vinci Code' author's labyrinthine home
Two wounded warriors, undefeated by injuries
Secret behind 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
The maligned mullet makes a comeback