By Diane Mizota, Host of This Week in M.O.M.
THIS WEEK IN M.O.M…Do you want a quick and easy treat to make with your kids? These Rice Krispies flowers are just the thing for Spring!
Rice Krispies* Spring Flowers
Box of Rice Krispies
1 package marshmallows
¼ cup of butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 bag of green gummy candies
1 package of lollipop sticks
2-3 containers of pastel colored icing
2-3 tubes of pastel sprinkles
1 bag of jellybeans or other small candies
Flower-shaped cookie cutters
- In a bowl, mix one package of marshmallows and ¼ cup of butter or margarine.
- Melt in the microwave on high heat for 3 minutes, stirring every minute to get a smooth consistency.
- Once melted, add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract for flavor and 6 cups of Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal.
- Mix well and then spread into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Refrigerate pan for 1 hour to set.
- Once cooled, pop Rice Krispies Treats out of pan and onto a cutting board.
- Use flower-shaped cookie cutters to carve out several Rice Krispies Flowers.
- Stick 2-3 green gummy candies onto each lollipop stick as the petals.
- Place Rice Krispies Flowers on top of lollipop sticks.
- Lie Rice Krispies Flowers flat on surface and decorate with pastel-colored icing, sprinkles, jelly beans, or any small candies.
- Place decorated Rice Krispies Flowers flat on a tray and refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Finally, stick your Rice Krispies Spring Flowers in a decorative planter, vase, or basket.
What was the biggest mess your little ones ever left you?
This poll is expired
'Duck Dynasty' star suspended for antigay remarks
A very unlikely message in a bottle
Woman builds $11K tiny house from scratch
Recruit gets letter with one word in it
Mom dies in childbirth — and lives to tell about it