Are you feeling as full and bloated as we are from peppermint bark, eggnog and sherbert punch? Jump start the new year with an simple and painless detox that will make keeping your diet and fitness resolutions easier than ever.
1. Go for whole, unprocessed foods. Detoxing doesn't have to mean starving yourself or drinking only a concoction of lemon water and cayenne pepper (the rumored Master Cleanse Beyonce used to slim down for her "Dreamgirls" role) for three weeks. Just giving your body a break from refined foods for a few days will give it the time and space it needs for its own healing mechanism to kick in. Quick and easy ways to drop 5 pounds.
2. Exercise. Sweating is one of your body's natural elimination processes. Help things along while you're detoxing by visiting a sauna or steam room, a heated yoga class, or talking long walks on warm days. Get more tips on starting a low-drama detox.
3. Add some lemon to your water.The acid in the lemons assists in the cleaning process, and citric acid works like a bleach on fat: Due to it's hgh acidity and pH, it's actually able to penetrate and break down fat molecules. Click here to get more easy tips on detoxing at home.
4. Kick your detox into gear with restorative exercises that will help encourage your body to eliminate waste. One great example is an ab twist that you do lying on your back while rotating your torso. See the full instructions for this exercise.
5. Think only your body will benefit from a detox? Think again! Drinking fresh vegetable and fruit juices and eating whole foods will help refresh and renew your skin, too.