YumSugarSource: 10 Fantastic Fall Books For Tots
Autumn themes - falling leaves and forest animals preparing for the long Winter - make for perfect stories for kids. From beginning listeners to budding readers, learning about Fall is lots of fun with these vibrantly illustrated and sweetly written books. Click through for a sampling of Autumn stories that will keep your tot warm and cozy during the Fall season.
- It's Fall! ($8): Here's an easy-to-read Fall book perfect for lil ones enjoying Autumn for the first time. Follow along as a tot experiences the colors and textures of the Fall season. It includes a fantastic list of seasonal nature activities to enjoy with your tot.
- Too Many Pumpkins ($7): Along with falling leaves, pumpkins are a big part of the Autumn season. Here's a fun read perfect for Fall and those who might be too young for ghoulish books that come with this time of year.
- Fall ($4): For the young tots, here's a board book that introduces Fall. With whimsical illustrations and easy-to-read text, this simple book is a perfect storytime read.
- The Busy Little Squirrel ($18): Just like the leaves falling from the trees, squirrels need to prepare for the changing seasons - and this little squirrel is really busy! Follow along with this Fall book that will have your lil one repeating the cute refrain of the book over and over.
- Mouse's First Fall ($13): Is it your tot's first Fall? Here's a mouse that's ready to share all the fun with your little one. Follow along as this small mouse celebrates all the firsts of the season in this cheerful and educational Fall book.
More from LilSugar: 10 Fun Books For Introducing Shapes
- Pumpkin Soup ($12): Along with being a perfect book for celebrating the Fall season, Pumpkin Soup also shares with tots the importance of friends and sticking together. And this book includes a delicious recipe for pumpkin soup!
- Leaves ($16): What's happening to the trees? Follow little bear as he figures it out in this adorable Fall book. The illustrations transport your tyke straight into the season, and the sweet prose makes this book a storytime favorite.
- I Love Fall! ($7): For the very small, this touch and feel Fall board book introduces the season in a fun and easy way. Big and bright illustrations make it perfect for tots to enjoy on their own.
- Leaves Fall Down: Learning About Autumn Leaves ($8): Why do leaves fall down in Autumn? Find out all the answers while reading this Fall book with your tot. From basic introductions to science concepts to fun information about the season, this book is an educational and fun read.
- Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf ($17): Written and illustrated by Lois Ehlert, this classic Fall book introduces tots to the wonders of nature and the changing of the seasons. It includes a special glossary that introduces kids to science concepts such as photosynthesis and how seeds germinate.
6 Books to Help Introduce Sept. 11 to Kids
Read Between the Lines: 10 Classic Kids' Books With Delightfully Subversive Subtext
8, 9, 10! Counting Books For Beginners
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook