By Charlotte Hilton Andersen, REDBOOK
Until the day Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? as read by Gwyneth Paltrow landed on my doorstep, I had no idea that there was a market for celebrity-narrated children's literature. Curious as to how my toddler would like it, I popped it in. While my baby girl loved it, I had to admit a certain amount of amusement listening to the famously snobby Paltrow look for a Marconi Penguin, a whooping crane and a water buffalo among other creatures far more exotic (and presumably much harder to find) than the ones in the original Brown Bear, Brown Bear... edition. I know, I know, she didn't write it. But it got me thinking of other children's books that would benefit from a good celebrity endorsement.
1. Moo Moo Brown Cow as read by Lady Gaga: Mama cow speaks out about the tragedy that ended in the meat dress.
2. Curious George as read by George Clooney: This little monkey is all grown up now and curious about how many girlfriends he can get.
Related: The Amazing Upside of Being a Mom
3. The Giving Tree as read by Bernie Madoff: Apparently money does grown on trees after all!
4. Good Night Moon as read by Al Gore: Say good night to the moon, the amazon rain forest, the icebergs, the...
5. Green Eggs and Ham as read by Alicia Silverstone: Can the wily Sam-I-Am convince her to part with her vegan ways?
Related: 5 Tricks for All-Day Energy
6. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day as read by Lindsay Lohan: What house arrest is really like.
7. Guess How Much I Love You as read by Joan Crawford: Because I'm certainly not going to tell you, you little ingrate.
Related: What's Your Signature Style?
8. Click Clack Moo: Cows That Type as read by Snooki: The real tale of how celebrity novels get written.
9. The Kissing Hand as read by Hugh Grant: And other euphemisms you should never use.
Related: 8 Healthy Snacks for Kids
10. Dear Zoo as read by Nadya "Octomom" Suleman: The true story of life with 14 kids.
11. AND...ba dum bum! Pat the Bunny as read by Hugh Hefner.
It's a fun game, isn't it? What books would you like to hear read by a celebrity?
More from REDBOOK:
Could You Go a Week Without Yelling?
Have the Hottest Sex of Your Life…with Your Husband
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
- 101 Date Night Ideas
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.