Looking for something other than peeps and jelly beans to fill your little ones Easter baskets this year? Give one (or more) of these cute and creative goodies a try. Besides, after their sugar high crashes, the kids will be looking for something more exciting to do than unwrapping candies. Imagine the fun of coloring with special crayons or painting wooden Easter eggs. Come on, you can do better than picking up a prepacked Easter basket at your local grocery store the night before.
1. Crayons. We love these stylish Kitty Egg Crayonsfrom Portland Etsy designers. $14 for a set of 4. These robots and dinosaurs work too.
Kitty Egg Crayons
2. Kite. We love the idea of getting out of the house and flying a kite, which is truly a great way to kick off Springtime.
3. Legos. Little boys and girls alike will adore this Easter Lego set. Plus, they can add it to any existing collections. $4.99
3-22-2012 4-07-34 PM
4. Rubber Stamps. Easter rubber stamps are fun to use on paper, in your stamp book, and even on hard-boiled eggs!
Easter Rubber Stamps
5. Toothbrush. Let's face it, well meaning relatives or friends are bound to sneak the kids some candy. At least they'll have a fresh toothbrush. We love Firefly brand that lights up and includes a one minute timer. $1.49
Screen shot 2011-04-18 at 11.25.16 AM
6. Bubbles. What kid doesn't love to blow bubbles?
7. Books. Pat the Bunny. Peter Cottontail mini books. Our favorite is Country Bunnyand the Little Golden Shoes. $5.95 - $20.00
Screen shot 2011-04-18 at 12.04.29 PM
8. Plush Toys. Bunnies. Ducks. Anything to cuddle. This adorable cuddly pal is fromJellycat. $18.99
9. Playdough or Silly putty. We love this non-toxic modeling dough with amazing scents that range from yummy coconut to chocolate.
10. Personalized Bath Hoodie. Make bath time fun with a sweet rabbit hoodie that will keep you kiddos warm and stylish after their bath.
Easter Rabbit Hoodie
11. Lovies. Something for the littlest little bunny in the family. A sweet eco-friendlylovie. $10
12. Erasers. We love these cute little erasers, which can easily be stuffed into plastic eggs in lieu of candy.
13. Easter Shirts. Clothes are usually a safe bet. Check out this shirt for the little kids in your life.
14. Toys. A sensible substitute for sugar, this toy comes in the shape of an Easter egg. Open to reveal a scientist, pediatrician or zoo keeper. $16.98 - $19.99
15. Art Supplies. Give the kids any kind of art supplies to entertain them while you prepare an Easter brunch or dinner. This set includes everything you would need topaint Easter eggs. $16.00
You might also like how to make easter egg hunt easier or more difficult.