Aw, it's that time of year again! The leaves may still be green, but there's a hint of autumn in the wind. Before your family completely delves into their age-old school year routine, we suggest that you take the time to really end your summer on a high note. After all, these past few months in the Bay Area were totally great -- why not squeeze in just a little bit more fun before the Fall season is officially upon us? Take a look at these 15 family-friendly activities that we think will really make these last few days of summer for your kids memorable ones.
1. The Giants are world champs. What other excuse do you need to pack up the family, and hit up a ball game before the season ends?
2. It's still the season for Farmer's Markets. Make the most of area markets before all of the delicious summer produce ends.
3. Take advantage of the warm weather and cool down at one of these fun splash spots.
4. If your family is wiped out from the summer's day trips, car trips and everything in between, then you have the perfect excuse for a San Francisco staycation.
5. The Russian River Jazz and Blues Festival is coming up Sept 22 and 23. Take advantage of the North Bay's warm weather and make a day out of it!
6. Off the Grid, offers a different kind of dinner idea. It's a collection of SF street carts and vendors selling delicious foodstuffs from all over the world. Strap the little ones into backpacks or slings, and throw on some comfy walkin' shoes, and forgo the oven for a night.
7. If you're looking for a last minute overnight escape from the concrete jungle, check out these great weekend camping ideas.
8. Check out a mini-theme park in the Bay Area that will have your kiddos smiling and laughing with delight in no time.
9. Just because you live in an urban metropolis doesn't mean that you can't get in touch with some wildlife.
10. Get hands-on in the kitchen and make some refreshing popsicles.
11. Pack the blankets and snacks, and catch a movie in the night breeze around an outdoor park in Bay Area.
12. Spend a day exploring Golden Gate Park, an awesome park right in our own backyard!
13. Nothing beats a day at a playground. Check out one of these seven awesome Bay Area playgrounds.
14. Ice creameries abound in the Bay Area. Here are 22 of our must-visit shops.
15. Explore the edge of the seas and the life that lives in it with these tide pool adventures.
16. Take advantage of the Bay Area breeze, bundle up with a scarf on that ironic summer day and fly a kite.
18. One of the greatest candy stores is right off Highway 12, so take the little sweet tooths for a treat!
19. Check out one of these cafes, which is a perfect escape from the summer gloom of San Francisco.
20. Take an easy day trip to this idyllic East Bay town.
21. What's that - You still want more? Check out our 99 Things to Do this Summer and see what you might've missed!