Summer in Seattle is kind of like a really yummy ice cream cone - you want to savor every bite and let the flavors linger and float around forever - and yet if you don't gobble it up fast, the whole thing will soon turn into a miserable soggy and sticky puddle. So before the rain sets in, and the dark clouds beckon, we say: to heck with it! Drop everything. Get outside, embark on an adventure, and pack in as much summer as you can handle. Here's your bucket list. You can always rest in October.
1. Throw in the towels and head to Jetty Island, just a 30-minute drive north of Seattle.
3. Soar above it all and fly a kite at a nearby park.
5. Stock up on local goodies at the city's best farmer's markets.
10. Zip line your way through these Seattle and Eastside parks.
11. Pick up some yummy berries at these u-pick strawberry farms.
12. Visit a nearby park where you can swim and hike in the same afternoon.
14. Hike, swim and picnic around Rattlesnake Lake.
15. Ride the kiddie amusement park rides at Remlinger Farms.
16. Set up a neighborhood lemonade stand.
18. Go for a run along these stroller-friendly jogging paths.
19. Grin and bear it, because the kids will love it: Wild Waves.
20. Book at the last-minute and send your kids to summer camp.
21. Go on a weekend road trip to Mount Rainier, Long Beach, the San Juan Islands, or Lake Chelan.
22. Host yard games in your backyard.
23. Two words: Molly Moon.
24. Visit MOHAI's new location and explore Lake Union Park.