LilSugarSource: 5 Simply Fun Apps For Kids This Summer
School may not be out quite yet, but the kids are already thinking about Summer! While there are plenty of educational apps out there to keep lil ones from escaping the Summer brain drain, sometimes they just need some time to relax. With that in mind, consider downloading some of these kid-friendly apps - they may not reinforce multiplication tables, but they'll certainly add some fun to their Summer days!
- Kidz Bop Karaoke (Free): There's nothing like some good Summer tunes to spice things up for the season. If your lil ones love singing along to the hottest songs on the radio, Kidz Bop Karaoke will be right up their alley. This app is packed with songs from the Kidz Bop library (clean versions of the most popular songs on the radio). Simply download the songs (the first download is free) and record your own version of them. Need help with the lyrics? No problem - you can select to have them run across the screen while you sing!
- IncrediBooth ($1): My kids are shaping up to be quite the candid photographers - just look in the photo albums on my iPhone, and you'll see how many pictures they like to take. With IncrediBooth, they can turn those pictures into fun photostrips like the ones that pop out of a photo booth - so cute!
- Frisbee Forever (Free): There's nothing like a game of Frisbee in the park over the Summer. With Frisbee Forever, every day is a day at the park as players flick the disks through various backgrounds.
- Jake's Never Land Pirate School (Free): What child doesn't want to go to pirate school? With Jake's Never Land Pirate School, they can - and while they're there, they can sing songs with Sharkey and Bones, perfect their sailing on obstacle courses, navigate the island in map class, and learn to fly in pixie dust class.
- Draw and Tell HD ($2): More than just your average drawing app, Draw and Tell allows kids to draw and animate their creations and then record over them to tell a story in their own voice, so they can share it with grandma without her asking what it really is!
6 Apps Worth Downloading Now
8 Classic Kids' Books That Have Made the App Transition
8 Apps to Help Keep Tots Safe
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook