LilSugarSource: 5 Smoothies Perfect For Busy Mornings
Get the day started right with a smoothie that takes minutes to make. You just might be surprised how much your kids will love these fresh, sweet drinks, which are also packed with healthy goodness. And these blended smoothies aren't just for breakfast: they also make perfect after-school snacks or on-the-go treats. We've rounded up five options perfect for blending together on a busy morning.
- Blueberry Avocado: Blend together blueberries and avocados to create a healthy smoothie high in antioxidants and healthy oleic acid. Your kids will never guess that the creamy green fruit gives this smoothie its rich flavor.
- Mango-Yogurt Smoothie: Turn the morning into a tropical treat with a mango smoothie recipe that will have the whole family thinking that they're on vacation. Perfect for on the go or enjoying with a full breakfast.
- Oatmeal Smoothies: The addition of oats gives a smoothie from Martha Stewart just a bit more oomph. Full of creamy yogurt and tart raspberry flavor, this smoothie will keep your kids energized all morning long.
- Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie: Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? Here's a chocolate banana smoothie from FitSugar that includes protein-packed peanut butter along with healthy chocolate soy milk for a perfect any-time-of-day treat.
- Green Morning Smoothie: Start the day with a fun smoothie the whole family will love - even though it's green! From Melissa d'Arabian, this morning smoothie is perfect for busy families who want a quick and healthy breakfast.
A Family-Friendly Smoothie For the Morning Rush
Eat and Run: 10 Healthy, Quick, and Easy Grab-and-Go Breakfasts For Your Family
Dinnertime Crunch: Jessica Seinfeld's Quick Chicken and Couscous
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook