LilSugarSource: 5 Supportive Apps For Breastfeeding Mamas
Go with the flow! While breastfeeding may be the most natural of acts, it's not without challenges! Given that nursing tends to commence in the exhausting post-delivery new mom bleariness phase of parenting, new mamas can use all the help they can get. Check out the following five apps that support new moms and their hardworking breasts.
- Baby Tracker: Nursing ($5): Baby Tracker: Nursing makes it easy to keep track of all those little breastfeeding details - did I start on the right or left last time? How long did the baby nurse and at what time? - in one easy-to-access place, eliminating the need for scribbling notes on scraps of paper in the middle of the night. The one-click timer makes it easy to use with one hand, and it also logs information for multiple babies, perfect for mamas of twins!
- iLetDown ($1): When a new mama hears her baby cry, she starts squirting like Bessie the cow at milkin' time. Known as the "letdown," this reflex is just one of the many awesome ways mama's body is attuned to her newborn. The iLetDown app mimics the sound of a baby crying - essential for working moms who are determined to sometimes pump in less than ideal conditions.
- Breastfeeding Management 2 ($2): Breastfeeding Management was developed by the Massachusetts Breastfeeding Coalition to be a complete informational source for breastfeeding mothers, providing easy access to tons of helpful breastfeeding resources for new mothers.
- Mommy's Milk ($1): Mommy's Milk is another nursing app to help keep track of breastfeeding sessions - quantity, duration, which side was nursed on last, and more. There's also space to make additional notes about how each session went.
- Baby Feeding Log (free): Baby Feeding Log is a free app that allows new parents to record all the basics for nursing, diapers, and sleeping in a simple user-friendly format.
Are Your Boobs Off-Limits to Your Hubby While Breastfeeding?
7 Unusual Uses For Breast Milk
Do You Know Everything There Is to Know About Breastfeeding?
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook