Minus the minor yet annoying aches and pains of pregnancy, there are a lot of things I miss about my non-pregnant self and -- of course -- lifestyle. It's certainly not enough to rush my daughter out before she is ready, but it is enough to stop and daydream about as she tries to make a break for it … out of the escape hatch she thinks exists in my rib cage.
Since we were taken off guard and surprised by this pregnancy, I wasn't ready to give up some of my favorite things -- and the girlish figure I had been working hard on getting back since I clung to a good 20 pounds from my second pregnancy. I had joined the gym, started Zumba, all that fun stuff … then BAM! Little Miss A had totally different plans for us.
So what am I looking forward to most?
1) Breastfeeding again: Talk about a great weight loss solution -- well at least for me! I know it isn't a magical weight loss tip for some, but with my oldest, I lost all of my pregnancy weight (which was a good 30 pounds) by breastfeeding for nine months. It was awesome. Plus the bond and closeness that comes with it, as well as knowing it's super healthy, is all icing on the cake.
2) Seeing my feet again: No seriously … not being able to see my feet, legs or lady parts for my grooming routine has certainly become annoying. Having to ask my husband for help like I am a toddler again is not my cup of tea!
3) W-I-N-E: Yes, I am a self proclaimed wino. No, I am not an alcoholic, but I do enjoy a glass of wine after a long day or week. Isn't that just an adult thing? I have had a beautiful bottle of Moscato that I bought from The Wine Sisterhood sitting on my counter since Christmas when I put in an order, and I just cannot bring myself to have even one glass while I am with child. Once Little Miss A is here, you can bet I will be enjoying some wine with the assistance of the milk screen strips from UpSpring Baby!
4) Zumba: Can't really get my Zumba on while feeling like I am in need of a hip replacement -- and if I move too fast, I may just tip right over and fall flat on my face.
5) Sexy underwear: While some women feel sexy during pregnancy (or even more sexy than before pregnancy), I am not one of those women at all! Even thinking about putting on anything other than underwear I could possibly share with my grandmother does not cross my mind!
For 5 more things I'm looking forward to after pregnancy, visit Babble.
MORE ON BABBLE:
5 things we never knew before becoming pregnant
Room to breathe: 6 great sandals for achy feet
5 things my wife found endearing ... before she was pregnant
"How I delivered my own baby": An accidental freebirth
Happiest families have two girls, most miserable have four!?