5 Things You Need to Know This Week"5 Things You Need to Know This Week" is a reoccurring Friday feature at Common Sense Media
This week, we welcomed the first day of spring, got schooled by a fun (but still in control!) dad, laughed out loud at DreamWorks' gorgeous new animated feature, rediscovered a generation-spanning children's book, and more.
- The Croods isn't just visually stunning: Here are 5 things you can learn from America's first prehistoric family.
- Common Sense Media's brand marketing director, a father of three, clues us in on his media rules and suggests a bevy of games and TV shows to enjoy with kids.
- March Madness much? Check out our 5 tips for families who love watching sports.
- Revisit last year's Aspen Ideas Festival with this podcast on technology and kids featuring our founder, Jim Steyer, and Dr. Howard Gardner of Harvard's Graduate School of Education.
- Devour a timeless childhood classic while celebrating A Very Hungry Caterpillar Day.
About Common Sense Media
Common Sense Media is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology. We exist because our kids are growing up in a culture that profoundly impacts their physical, social, and emotional well-being. We provide families with the advice and media reviews they need in order to make the best choices for their children. Through our education programs and policy efforts, Common Sense Media empowers parents, educators, and young people to become knowledgeable and responsible digital citizens. For more information, go to:www.commonsense.org.