Get the Friday 5!By Angela Zimmerman, Common Sense Media editor
We've been celebrating Father's Day all week with a series of guest dad bloggers and round-ups of some of our favorite fellas in movies, books, and TV. We've also been talking about the "summer slide" and summer reading, and discussing news from Silicon Valley to Sesame Street.
- With privacy on the top of many people's mind, Google reveals details about how they share data with the government.
- Google's Top Charts, which visually reveal search trends all the way back to 2004, make us wonder who all these people searching for Amanda Bynes are.
- Even Sesame Street can see crackdown from the law. Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, and pals offer up a tool kit to teach kids about incarceration.
- #Facebook has implemented searchable hashtags into their interface, offering another space for real-time public conversations.
- Through a cynic's eye: Disney classics get funny new titles.
And now for some sweet inspiration for Father's Day weekend: A proud papa's academic support brings his kid (and us) to tears.
About Common Sense Media
Common Sense Media is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology. We exist because our kids are growing up in a culture that profoundly impacts their physical, social, and emotional well-being. We provide families with the advice and media reviews they need in order to make the best choices for their children. Through our education programs and policy efforts, Common Sense Media empowers parents, educators, and young people to become knowledgeable and responsible digital citizens. For more information, go to www.commonsense.org.