photo credit: secret-agent-josephine.comMost grade school Valentine's Day class parties are taking place on Thursday or Friday this week, depending on when your kid's out for the President's Day holiday. So if your late to the game and need some ideas to help your kid make quick, easy and inexpensive Valentine's Day cards, here's a roundup of tips and free downloads from the parenting blogosphere:
- You can start right here on Shine with a slide show of DIY Valentine cards ranging from super simple to slightly more difficult (read: a parent will have to help, but not too much). If your kid is in the preschool crowd, check out the easiest Valentine's Day card. Ever.
- The adorable image to your left is a free download from mega crafty blogger mama Secret Agent Josephine. And if you don't have a color printer, she even has version in black and white. (Secret agents think of everything!) One sheet has 12 cards. Print it out, cut them up and put the kid to work signing them.
- Asha over at Parent Hacks pulled together the mother of all Valentine's Day, well, hacks from wicked smart moms and dads on the web. From pasta bracelets to photo stickers, there's an idea for everyone.
- Once Upon a Holiday at Alpha Mom has an extensive list of (and links to) adorable free Valentine's Day card downloads. (Did I mention they were adorable and FREE?)
- And finally, you should take a gander at the heart issue of Kids Craft Weekly, one of my favorite children's craft sites on the web. Along with some cute ideas for you to help your kids celebrate at home, the sweet and simple card idea is a winner (my preschooler is making the sponge hearts on three-inch by three-inch cards.)