Learn how to make friends and make time for dating, too!Do you feel like you spend your entire life doing things for everyone else? Are you constantly doing presentations at work, making dinner, doing laundry and running your kids to soccer practice or ballet class? Sometimes it's just too much! Does a single mom ever get a break?
Don't feel like you have time to date? You've just got to know how to use a little magic. What yo need is to make some new friends that are just like you. Here are some dating tricks for any single mom. You won't need to pull a rabbit out of your hat, but you might want to grab the smartphone out of that cute eco-friendly diaper bag because you're going to need it to call your new friends! Read More: Is There Any Way To Ensure A Great First Date? VIDEO
1. Find cool, single women that have kids close to your kids' age. You find these busy women in the waiting room at gymnastics practice, yoga class or even a PTA meeting; I've even gone on Match.com to find single women. I made good friend on there that is really fun, but her kids are too old for this method. There are many single moms and you've just got to put yourself out there in the women world, so you can put yourself out there in the men world.
2. Arrange the first play-date. It's got to be with you, your cool new friend and the kids to see if everyone clicks. I've found moms that I really liked, but my son said that he didn't really like the son's vibes. So don't be selfish and forget about your kid's feelings. You want to spend time with people you like right? So do your kids.
3. Keep in touch with your new friend. You don't have to fill them in on every little detail in your life, but a great topic of conversation of course is men. This is something most single women think about at least once in a while. My girlfriend and I would actually get out the smart-phones, and compare online dating profiles of men who were messaging us and it is a lot of fun. She went out with a guy on one date and she said he was a fantastic kisser. Nothing worked out between them but I ended up going out with the same man; I thought kissing him was like kissing a bologna sandwich. Read More: Top 10 Traits All Singles Are Searching For
4. Get a date. It's easier than you think; if you put on your best smile and open your heart to the possibilities, men will start crawling out of the woodwork. You can meet some of these men in the grocery store. Tell your friends you are single and are interested in meeting a really great guy. Get with online dating, even if you don't want to, it won't cost you dime. There are tons of free sites and I guarantee you will get bombarded with emails from single men.
5. Start swapping. So, you've got a blind date with your girlfriend's cute single cousin. Now all you've got to do is pick up the phone and call your single girlfriend who's kid just so happens to collect baseball cards, just like your son. It's perfect. You're single and she's single. You like her, she likes you, and your kids get along great.
Tell her about your hot date and ask her if she wants to swap and you also like having her son over. Her kid is entertained with your kid, and it's almost like she's getting a free babysitter and gaining a new friend. You can drop off some snacks and you get to chat for a few. When the date is over, you get live one-on-one conversation with someone who understands you. She understands what you're going through, because she is also a single mom who is looking for love. Read More: 3 Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
Written by Dina Z Colada for YourTango.com.
More From YourTango.com: