LilSugarSource: 6 Helpful Tips (and Tricks) For Potty-Training Success
Feeling the stress of potty training your tot? The feat of potty training a child just might be mama's hardest task. Mama's read all the books and watched for all the signs of readiness, but nothing! Have no fear - and check out these six helpful tips (and tricks) for potty-training success.
- A Potty Book For Baby!: From the author of the best-selling Where Is Baby's Belly Button? comes A Potty For Me! ($8) - a rhymed book that uses color cartoon illustrations of a child of indeterminate gender who tries, with mixed results, to use the potty.
- Pull-Ups iGo Potty (Free): Consistency is key! Lots of mamas - and experts - swear by sitting your tot on the potty at regular intervals. Download the free app, Pull-Ups iGo Potty and set up an alarm to remind yourself it's potty time!
- Elmo's Potty Time DVD ($9): See, Elmo uses the potty, too! Many veteran mamas credit their potty-training success to the help they received for a red, giggly friend. Check out Elmo's Potty Time DVD and let your tot learn by example as he watches Elmo learn how to use the potty!
More from LilSugar: Mom-to-Be Alyssa Milano Gets Some Odd Pregnancy Advice
- Potty-Training Reward Chart: Reward them for their success! Educators swear by reward charts as a positive parenting tool, so why not incorporate them into your potty-training strategy? Make a reward chart together with your tot or check out this free superhero reward chart printable.
- Big Boy or Big Girl Underwear: Take your tot shopping! Allow your little one to be involved in the big boy or big girl underwear-selection process. Plan a trip to the store and let them pick out the character underwear of their choice - like these Thomas or Cars Kids 7-Pack Underwear ($17). They'll be more inclined to keep them dry!
- Bribery!: Reward your tot with one M&M for pee and two M&Ms for poop! Bribery works every time - well, most of the time. Potty training can be downright stressful for mama, so if a few M&Ms are going to make it easier for all parties involved, go for it! Stickers work, too.
5 Parenting Methods That Take It to the Extreme
5 Ikea Items Every Family Needs
Give It a Whirl: Streamlined Potties
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook