By Jessica Denay, Author of The Hot Mom's Handbook
1. For newborns, tear baby wipes in half vertically and save for big messes. That's all you really need for most changes, and the box will last twice as long.
2. Instead of buying a new stroller use Itzy Ritzy covers, for around $100. You can make an old hand me down or used stroller look fresh and unique.
Related: 11 Ways to Live Like a Hot Chick
4. Be smart when you register. Cord Blood Registry just launched a baby registry program so friends and family can chip in to bank your baby's cord blood.
5. When decorating your child's room, frame art and drawings from siblings or cousins. This adds a personal and playful feel and is easy on your wallet!
6. Start a babysitting co-op with friends. Find a currency…for example, 'sticks'… and each couple gets 10 sticks. One stick represents one hour of babysitting time. If your friend watches your son so you can go to yoga or to a movie with your hubby, she gets 2 sticks if you are gone two hours. If you run out
of sticks the only way to get more is to babysit for someone's kids in the group. This keeps it fair.
7. For busy moms, it is not always practical to get to the salon regularly, so try this trick. Treat yourself to a good haircut at a nice salon for style and shape, then maintain at more affordable walk-in salons. When grey hair starts creeping in (to dark hair), brush a little mascara to cover, this will stretch out your color a week or so. Also ,if you are in between showers and your hair is feeling greasy, put a little powder on your hands, then rub into your scalp to absorb the grease.
8. Host a 'Clean Out Your Closet Party': Invite your most stylish friends. Everyone exchanges clothes. It's a fun excuse to get together, and everyone winds up with something 'new'. Then you can donate what's left to a woman's shelter. This works for kids' clothes as also. Let me know if you are interested in this!
What's your top money-saving mom trick?
More from GalTime.com
- The Toddler Dictionary
- Raising a Genderless Baby. How Does That Work?
- Date Night and Nothing to Talk About...'Cept the Kids
- Top 10 Pediatric Myths
- What You Should Never Say in Front of the Kids
GalTime on Facebook