8 Non-scientific Signs You're Ready for LaborIt's official: my due date is approaching quickly and I'm well aware that our little girl could begin her arrival at any moment. And although these last few days are full of wonder, excitement, and magic, I find my mind drifting to a completely crazed place where I simply can't focus on anything else. Believe me, writing this very post is taking all the persistence in the world! Surely I'm not alone. In fact, here are 8 (non-scientific, of course) signs it might be nearly time to welcome your baby.
Related: 5 ways to prepare your dog to be your baby's best friend
1. At the nail salon, you find yourself frozen with indecision: which color do you want your toes to don when you become a mother? (I chose powder blue - I suppose I'm combatting gender roles already!)
2. You alphabetized your medicine cabinet in a last-minute nesting frenzy. (Yes, I really did.)
3. Everyone makes jokes about when you'll pop, like your husband, who asks you what you'd like for your "Maybe Last Supper."
Related: 10 unique nursery decorations you can make yourself
4. You find yourself standing in front of your closet contemplating which skirt you don't mind ruining if your water breaks.
5. Every few hours, you google "Signs of Labor" to see if there's anything you've missed.
6. You call your mother and she answers, "Is she here? Is she here?"
Related: 5 reasons I can't wait to become a mom
7. You've switched out your pregnancy books on the nightstand for newborn care, breastfeeding and vaccination reads.
8. Every few hours, you google "More Signs of Labor" to see if there's anything you've missed… again.
- By Erin Loechner
Follow Erin on Disney Baby
For 2 more non-scientific signs you're ready for labor, visit Disney Baby!
MORE ON DISNEY BABY
5 things I wish I knew before becoming a mom
10 encouraging baby quotes every mom-to-be should read
5 things you must do before bringing Baby home from the hospital
3 ways having a baby changes your life for the better
5 moments only moms will understand
Stay connected. Follow Disney Baby on Facebook and Twitter.