LilSugarSource: 9 Pinterest Users to Follow For Amazing Kids' Crafts
You've exhausted your bag of craft tricks, found inspiration through our rainy day guide, and are still hungry for more artsy activities for your kids! We've found nine Pinterest users who have so many fantastic craft ideas for little ones that even we were slightly overwhelmed! (What to make first? Milk-box playhouses? Duct-tape rings?) The crafting possibilities are endless - and beautiful - so start clicking and get ready to repin!
- Come For: A ridiculous abundance of quick projects, creative ideas, and even art "recipes" to cover any and every kind of craft your kid could possibly be interested in.
- Best Craft Boards: "Crafts and DIY" offers some seriously awesome ideas of how to repurpose household items (duct tape, egg cartons, and more) into beautiful kids' crafts. "Art Recipes" offers easy instructions to make your own soy crayons, yogurt paint, glitter play dough, and more.
Jen of Paint Cut Paste:
- Come For: Crafts ideas and art projects with a decidedly indie, wonderfully whimsical spin. If you're raising a creative little hipster, then this is a Pinterest must see.
- Best Craft Board: "Art Ideas For Kids" offers an abundance of (like, more than 300) cool ideas, including how to make your own shadowboxes, felt floral crowns, fairy houses, cardboard crowns, and more.
- Come For: Creative activities geared toward kids of all ages and abilities, including projects inspired by the seasons, holidays, and nature and lots of educational crafts.
- Best Craft Boards: "Quick and Easy Kid Crafts" will appeal to crafting newbies, while "Alphabet Crafts and Activities" is a great stop for moms trying to incorporate some learning into their kids' creative endeavors.
Martha Stewart Living:
- Come For: General lifestyle inspiration from the editors of Martha Stewart Living.
- Best Craft Board: "Kids" is amazing. Amateur crafters might be intimidated by some of the more involved projects, but it's a must stop for inspirational eye candy.
More from LilSugar: 6 Creative Subscription Services Just For Kids!
- Come For: Admittedly ambitious craft and party ideas and more.
- Best Craft Boards: "Party Themes & Crafts" has tons of pins that we'd never seen before (rare for oft-repetitive Pinterest) and "Dress Up/Costume Tutorials" - because what's cuter than a kid in costume? How about one he helped make himself?!
Red Ted Art:
- Come For: Colorful and creative crafts from a real artist and lots of amazing shared crafting boards.
- Best Craft Boards: Shared boards "Growing Creative Kids!" and "Kids Arts or Crafts" offer more than 1,300 crafting and art ideas, including lots of educational projects.
Cathy James of Nurture Store:
- Come For: A plethora of artistic ideas, inspired by nature, holidays, developmental milestones, and more.
- Best Craft Boards: "Kids Art" is a one-stop shop for art project inspiration. From making art with hole punches, contact paper, or bottle caps to painting with spices, salt, or glue, you'll find a ton of creative ideas.
Play Dr. Mom:
- Come For: Crafty ideas from a mom who is also clinical psychologist specializing in children and play therapy.
- Best Craft Boards: "Kid Krafts" and "Craft Ideas" offer almost 1,000 creative projects for little ones to make on their own or with the help of parents. Want even more inspiration? Shared board "Kid Blogger Network Activities & Crafts" has almost 10,000 pins!
- Come For: A bevy of boards tailored specifically to holidays, decor ideas, kids' parties, and more.
- Best Craft Board: "Non TV Things to Do With Kids" offers a ton of cool crafts, and all of our holiday and seasonal boards are full of great artsy ideas.
Old-School Crafts From Sukie: Kid-Friendly or Are You Kidding?
Craftastic: Hand-Rolled Paper Beads
Put Your Fruit to Work With Fruit Print Crafts
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook