By Lauren Le Vine, REDBOOK.
An actual town crier announced the baby's arrival outside the hospital He's here! The heir to England's has arrived, and while we know his birth weight (8 pounds, 6 ounces) and time (4:24 p.m. GMT), what of his name? Might Kate and Will go trendy with a Holden or an Asher, or will they stick with a more traditional route of royal nomenclature?
While we all venture guesses, here are some fun parameters your prediction should heed:
Related: 50 Ways to Stay Bonded with Your Kids
- The baby's official title is His Royal Highness Prince [name goes here] of Cambridge.
- Just like Madonna and Cher, royals don't require a surname.
- If they do need a last name for some reason (you know, if they're taking the SATs or something) they'll use "Mountbatten-Windsor" or "Wales." We think it should be amended to Middleton-Windsor-Wales for their newest addition.
Related: The 10 Best Back-to-School Notebooks
- Royals at little Prince of Cambridge's "level" (and by "level," we mean "the most VIP of VIPs there has ever been") usually have four names. As of now, no royal parents have intentionally used this opportunity for a fun initial acronym, like Kevin Ignacio Nestor Gustav, a.k.a. KING. You're really missing out on a great opportunity here, guys!
- It may be awhile: Charles and Diana didn't reveal William's name for a full week after he was born. We're hoping Kate's a little more eager to settle on a name so she can put a pic on Facebook to show her friends from high school what she's been up to lately, you know?
Related: 25 Little Life Hacks to Make Life Simpler, Saner and More Fun
- If they choose a traditional English monarch name like Edward, can we also take it as an admission that they're secretly huge Twilight fans?
- I mean, if you're going to turn to a YA series for one of the names, at least stay loyal to your country with Harry, Nevill, or Ron. Perhaps Brann or Rickon, if they're more into Game of Thrones.
What do you think Will and Kate will name their new baby boy? We love our Facebook fan's suggestion of Spencer, in honor of William's mother, Diana.
More from REDBOOK:
- 100 Summer Dresses Under $100
100 Hot Celebrity Hairstyles For Every Hair Type
50 Simple Little Ways to Feel Sexy
The 50 Best Dates in the 50 States