When I was in labor with my second son, my husband thought he was some sort of DJ comedian. No joke… he sat at the computer going through our mp3′s and playing only the songs he knew he would get a laugh out of everyone. It certainly helped to lighten the mood with a long back labor.
Months later I sat down and tried to remember to the best of my ability the hysterical songs that he played, and I put together a great playlist of songs, off of what he amused us with that Saturday night.1. If You're Going Through Hell - Rodney Adkins (Because labor is just a walk in the park, right?)
2. I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore - Journey (Adding insult to injury)
Related: "Oops! I accidentally called my pregnant wife fat...and old."
3. Don't Worry Be Happy - Bob Marley (Yeah, and while you are at it… why not just light up?)
4. Hey Mama - Black Eyed Peas
5. I Saw The Sign - Ace of Base
6. Shake That Ass - Eminem & Nate Dogg (I have to admit, dancing in labor did help take my mind off of the pain!)
7. I Will Get By - Grateful Dead (I mean, in the end, I did get by…)
Related: 10 easy ways to support your partner during labor
8. The James Bond Theme (Because I wanted to think about Pierce Brosnan while in labor… especially after Mrs. Doubtfire!)
9. One Hot Mama - Trace Adkins (Because I felt so hot after being in labor for a day!)
10. Work It - Missy Elliot
11. Bad to the Bone - George Therogood (I actually think this one set the tone for my difficult second son's personality… oops!)
Related: "Please pass the booze!" and other unusual early pregnancy interventions
12. On and On - Eryka Badu (Yes, I had the world's longest labor, "On and On" described it great!)
13. Push It - Salt n' Peppa (While I never made it to the pushing phase, I still find it hysterical!)
14. Dat' Just My Baby Daddy - Trick Daddy (Because who doesnt need an early 90s hit on paternity?)
15. Everyone Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung (Because labor was a blast! Riiight...)
For Vol. 2 of "childbirth, the soundtrack", visit Babble.
MORE ON BABBLE:
20 of the funniest pregnant lady youtube videos you've ever seen!
10 easy ways to relieve pregnancy stress
The 10 stupidest things people say to pregnant women
5 pregnancy books first-time moms should NOT read
10 must-have summer maternity dresses (all under $50!)
Stay connected. Follow Being Pregnant on Facebook and Twitter.