Count down to Christmas with South Pole style! Filled with candy or small toys, each penguin marks one day in December. And they are easy to make. I made mine with leftover Easter eggs, and left them their original colors, but you can make your penguins any color you want. Just spray with a spray paint designed for plastics.
For each penguin you will need:
Craft foam in matching color
Orange craft foam
Small google eyes
Stick on numbers
Glue or Glue Dots (makes it super easy!)
1. Make a hole in the top of each egg with a small drill bit or hammer and nail. This is so you can hang your penguins.
2. Cut belly area out of white felt. This will look like an egg shape, but smaller. Cut in half so that your egg can still open. Attach to penguin body.
3. Cut 2 wing shapes out of your matching craft foam. Embellish with glitter pen if desired. Glue to penguin body.
4. Cut 2 flipper feet shapes and 1 beak shape out of orange foam and attach to body.
5. Attach eyes.
6. Attach number to back of penguin so kids can count down the days until Christmas.
7. Fill each penguin with candy and hang your flock of penguins on a small tree!