You know the drill when it comes to losing weight - take in fewer calories, burn more calories. But you also know that most diets and quick weight-loss plans have about as much substance as a politician's campaign pledges. You're better off finding several simple things you can do on a daily basis - along with following the cardinal rules of eating more vegetables and less fat and getting more physical activity. Together, they should send the scale numbers in the right direction: down.
Lobster. Just 83 calories in 3 ounces.
Shrimp. Just 60 calories in 12 large.
Smoked salmon. Just 66 calories in two ounces. Sprinkle with capers for an even more elegant treat.
Whipped cream. Just 8 calories in one tablespoon. Drop a dollop over a bowl of fresh fruit for dessert.
2. Treat high-calorie foods as jewels in the crown. Make a spoonful of ice cream the jewel and a bowl of fruit the crown. Cut down on the chips by pairing each bite with lots of chunky, filling fresh salsa, suggests Jeff Novick, director of nutrition at the Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa in Florida. Balance a little cheese with a lot of salad.
3. After breakfast, make water your primary drink. At breakfast, go ahead and drink orange juice. But throughout the rest of the day, focus on water instead of juice or soda. The average American consumes an extra 245 calories a day from soft drinks. That's nearly 90,000 calories a year - or 25 pounds! And research shows that despite the calories, sugary drinks don't trigger a sense of fullness the way that food does.
4. Carry a palm-size notebook everywhere you go for one week. Write down every single morsel that enters your lips - even water. Studies have found that people who maintain food diaries wind up eating about 15 percent less food than those who don't.
5. Buy a pedometer, clip it to your belt, and aim for an extra 1,000 steps a day. On average, sedentary people take only 2,000 to 3,000 steps a day. Adding 2,000 steps will help you maintain your current weight and stop gaining weight; adding more than that will help you lose weight.
6. Add 10 percent to the amount of daily calories you think you're eating, then adjust your eating habits accordingly. If you think you're consuming 1,700 calories a day and don't understand why you're not losing weight, add another 170 calories to your guesstimate. Chances are, the new number is more accurate.
7. Eat five or six small meals or snacks a day instead of three large meals. A 1999 South African study found that when men ate parts of their morning meal at intervals over five hours, they consumed almost 30 percent fewer calories at lunch than when they ate a single breakfast. Other studies show that even if you eat the same number of calories distributed this way, your body releases less insulin, which keeps blood sugar steady and helps control hunger.
8. Walk for 45 minutes a day. The reason we're suggesting 45 minutes instead of the typical 30 is that a Duke University study found that while 30 minutes of daily walking is enough to prevent weight gain in most relatively sedentary people, exercise beyond 30 minutes results in weight and fat loss. Burning an additional 300 calories a day with three miles of brisk walking (45 minutes should do it) could help you lose 30 pounds in a year without even changing how much you're eating.
10. Bring the color blue into your life more often. There's a good reason you won't see many fast-food restaurants decorated in blue: Believe it or not, the color blue functions as an appetite suppressant. So serve up dinner on blue plates, dress in blue while you eat, and cover your table with a blue tablecloth. Conversely, avoid red, yellow, and orange in your dining areas. Studies find they encourage eating.
11. Clean your closet of the "fat" clothes. Once you've reached your target weight, throw out or give away every piece of clothing that doesn't fit. The idea of having to buy a whole new wardrobe if you gain the weight back will serve as a strong incentive to maintain your new figure.
12. Downsize your dinner plates. Studies find that the less food put in front of you, the less food you'll eat. Conversely, the more food in front of you, the more you'll eat - regardless of how hungry you are. So instead of using regular dinner plates that range these days from 10-14 inches (making them look forlornly empty if they're not heaped with food), serve your main course on salad plates (about 7-9 inches wide). The same goes for liquids. Instead of 16-ounce glasses and oversized coffee mugs, return to the old days of 8-ounce glasses and 6-ounce coffee cups.
13. Serve your dinner restaurant style (food on the plates) rather than family style (food served in bowls and on platters on the table). When your plate is empty, you're finished; there's no reaching for seconds.
14. Hang a mirror opposite your seat at the table. One study found that eating in front of mirrors slashed the amount people ate by nearly one-third. Seems having to look yourself in the eye reflects back some of your own inner standards and goals, and reminds you of why you're trying to lose weight in the first place.
16. Use vegetables to bulk up meals. You can eat twice as much pasta salad loaded with veggies like broccoli, carrots, and tomatoes for the same calories as a pasta salad sporting just mayonnaise. Same goes for stir-fries. And add vegetables to make a fluffier, more satisfying omelet without having to up the number of eggs.
17. Eat one less cookie a day. Or consume one less can of regular soda, or one less glass of orange juice, or three fewer bites of a fast-food hamburger. Doing any of these saves you about 100 calories a day, according to weight-loss researcher James O. Hill, Ph.D., of the University of Colorado. And that alone is enough to prevent you from gaining the 1.8 to 2 pounds most people pack on each year.
18. Avoid white foods. There is some scientific legitimacy to today's lower-carb diets: Large amounts of simple carbohydrates from white flour and added sugar can wreak havoc on your blood sugar and lead to weight gain. But you shouldn't toss out the baby with the bathwater. While avoiding sugar, white rice, and white flour, you should eat plenty of whole grain breads and brown rice. One Harvard study of 74,000 women found that those who ate more than two daily servings of whole grains were 49 percent less likely to be overweight than those who ate the white stuff.
19. Switch to ordinary coffee. Fancy coffee drinks from trendy coffee joints often pack several hundred calories, thanks to whole milk, whipped cream, sugar, and sugary syrups. A cup of regular coffee with skim milk has just a small fraction of those calories. And when brewed with good beans, it tastes just as great.
20. Use nonfat powdered milk in coffee. You get the nutritional benefits of skim milk, which is high in calcium and low in calories. And, because the water has been removed, powdered milk doesn't dilute the coffee the way skim milk does.
Benefits of Phentermine (Adipex) 37.5 mg:
Phentermine (Adipex) 37.5 mg is the best known weight suppressant drug which can keep your weight in check by suppressing the desire to eat more food. The reason for the diet suppressant in the body is due to the ingredient of Phentermine. This drug is best for short-term health management, but taking of this drug should be avoided for longer period weight reduction solutions. This pill is easily available in many online pharmacy and retail stores. Before buying from online pharmacy, the authenticity of the pharmacy should be checked thoroughly. It is very essential to find the trustworthiness and reliability of online store.
Phentermine (Adipex) acts as stimulation for nervous system and also known as anorectic. It stimulates the satiate centre of the brain, which in turn makes you feel less hungry and this way it suppresses your appetite which leads to consumption of controlled diet. This suppressant diet is ideal for weight control. This may be due to the boost of metabolism in the body which suppress the desire for excess food and create the sense of fullness in the mind of the person. To get the best result of Phentermine (Adipex) for weight control, you should simultaneously start exercising and taking controlled diet. This procedure, if followed seriously can get you the best result.
Phentermine 37.5 diet pills are not new to the market and are offering the needs of individuals from a reasonable time. All you have to do is to buy them from any of the health-related retail store as they are easily available in the market. You can even utilize online stores for buying them as there are numerous internet websites which in turn provide you these types of service. Phentermine 37.5 medication is generally available in the market in several various arrangements or doses.
You can find 15 milligrams and 30 mg tablets in the market and will additionally discover phentermine 37.5 mg tablets. Individuals generally choose phentermine 37.5 mg tablets as more quantity of Phentermine (Adipex) medication can help within dropping more weight in less time. But the result of fat reduction basically depends on how you intake it and in what amount. They are usually obtained simply right after talking to a physician in order to get preferred outcomes. You can also consider support of several publications that specify concerning their utilization or can go online for getting more knowledge about these. Undertaking some easy routines along with the use of phentermine weight control tablets could definitely help you in getting more precised outcomes.Therefore start using phentermine 37.5 mg tablets now and get a perfect entire body.
Phentermine helps control your appetite, and boosts your metabolism. Side effects are numerous. The most serious include nausea, chronic constipation, elevated bloodpressure, insomnia, and addiction. Make no mistake, Phentermine is an amphetamine. It's a tightly controlled substance for a reason, and should ONLY be used under a Doctor's supervision.
With that said, yes, it will help you lose weight. Early on the nausea helps you learn when to stop eating (ie. portion control). The boost in metabolism keeps you burning calories even though your body wants to slow things down because it's taking in less calories (the dreaded starvation mode). With normal diet and exercise, most people lose a pound or two a week. Using the Phentermine can boost it to 3 to 5 pounds a week.
Now, Phentermine is not a magic bullet! Eating a low fat, high fiber, balanced diet is essential. So is exercising, 3 to 5 times a week. You can still pork out and not lose weight, even while taking the drug. If you stop losing weight, your doctor is quite likely to stop writing prescriptions for it. BTW- You can only get a 30 day supply of Phentermine at a time with no refills. So you have to keep going back to your doctor (remember, controlled substance!).
Concerning all the ads for Phentermine that you see (saw) in the article. If you have a AAA membership, you can get a 30 day supply of genuine 37.5mg Phentermine from your local pharmacy for less than $20.
One last comment, if you want to lose weight AND KEEP IT OFF, you have to make a life style change. Once most people reach their weight goal, they go off their diet, stop exercising, and gain all the weight back and more. It has to be a permanent change to your eating and exercising habits or all your effort will go to waste. The voice of experience is speaking!
Obesity is indeed an uphill task. It's a condition we have created ourselves with our bad eating habits and sedentary lifestyles. The ache and pain we suffer because of the extra pounds is becoming a huge problem in today's world. Losing weight is always easier said than done and most of us need a little extra help along the way.
That's why we need the magic boost of Phentermine in order to achieve our weight loss goal. Incorporating phentermine into your weight loss program, along with healthy diet and ample exercise can cause a great deal of weight loss in the initial week of intake. An appetite suppressant pill that has been available in the market for almost five decades, phentermine has been successful in helping obese patient cope up with obesity problems and achieve their ideal weight.
Phentermine is Considered an Effective Weight Loss Tool
Most of us rely on dieting in order to lose weight. But more often than not dieting can further worsen your weight problem. It may work initially and help you lose a few pounds. But when you switched back to your regular diet, the weight just all came back. Losing weight through dieting is really a tough path as obese patients finds it hard to control their urges and cravings for binge eating.
Treat Your Overweight Problem With Phentermine
The obesity is the disease that takes place due to the extra fat in ones body and the excess fat is mostly found in the lower waist and hips of a person. Obesity is dangerous and life taking disease. You can treat your overweight problem with phentermine.
The overweight comes from the junk food we eat. The more amounts of calories are taken in and they result in obesity. If you have obesity then due to that you may suffer from many more diseases which are harmful and deadly.
The individual must have sufficient information and details on phentermine before taking it. It is a type of anorectic drug used to reduce weight quickly. It would help you to reduce your appetite or hunger by directing the flow of signals from neuro transmitter of the brain to nervous system.
If the appetite is in control then there is no question of increase in weight. The phentermine is given only at the times when it is most needed. Since these pills can be taken only for limited time period and as your doctors and physiotherapists prescribe.
The BMI is otherwise known as body mass index and when your BMI reaches 27 or above phentermine is provided. If your BMI is high then it is not a good sign. This would lead to diseases of cardio metabolism also.
The best way to buy cheap phentermine medicine is to go to the pharmacies nearby your house. Visit various pharmacies to get better rates and offers. Compare the price and then buy the phentermine pill which also provides free prescription.
Before buying the phentermine pills make sure that you have consulted your physiotherapists and doctors. Why go for a physiotherapist? It is required because after you take phentermine you would be required to carry out functional exercises and follow an effective diet.
The physiotherapists would examine your health status and provide you the appropriate dose of phentermine. It is usually 37.5 mg but it is not recommended for pregnant women.