LilSugarSource: What to Eat and Drink to Cure Morning Sickness
If you're in your first trimester (or second, or third), and morning sickness has you feeling less than enthusiastic about pregnancy, we just may have the cure for what's ailing you. Most mamas-to-be agree that calling it "morning sickness" is a misnomer, as the reality is an ongoing, all-day feeling of nausea and queasiness. With that in mind, check out these six kitchen solutions for eating and drinking your way to better days ahead.
- Homemade Ginger Ale: Try your hand at whipping up a batch of homemade ginger ale for an around-the-clock refreshing bevy. Or if picking up a bottle of Canada Dry is more your speed, we won't judge . . . the combo of carbonation and ginger will have the same soothing effect.
- Ginger Tea: Brew up your own batch of ginger tea. Its healing powers are known to quell nausea, and if you're finding yourself dreading car rides or flights these days, it's great for motion sickness too.
- Avgolemono Soup: A staple of Greek cuisine, avgolemono soup may be just the thing to soothe you when nothing else is appealing. Its four main ingredients - chicken stock, eggs, lemon, and rice - are gentle on sensitive stomachs, and the lemon flavor is known to cure nausea.
- Preggie Pops: Stash a few Preggie Pops in your bag for on-the-go, all-natural relief.
- Cantaloupe Mint Popsicles: Especially relevant when temps are hotter than hot, a mild-flavored popsicle is sometimes just the thing for curing nausea. This recipe blends a soothing combo of melon and mint.
- Veggie Chard Wraps With Ginger Dipping Sauce: Since most women who experience morning sickness agree that it doesn't necessarily limit itself to the early a.m. hours, consider the effects of what you're eating all day long. These veggie chard wraps are a nutrient-packed lunch, dinner, or snack option. When served with spicy lime-ginger dipping sauce, they pack an antinausea punch as well. Just keep the spiciness to a minimum when stirring up your sauce!
Morning Sickness Relief: 5 Helpful Products For Mama-to-Be
LilSugar Challenge: Tell Us Your Favorite Morning Sickness Remedies
My Top 11 Pregnancy Must Haves
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook