Like most moms, I have my ups and downs as a parent. Through those times, I've learned some ways to be a better, happier, and healthier parent. Here are the top five ways:
- Make time for yourself. Whether you enjoy a special hobby, girl's night out, exercise, or spa days, it's essential that you take time to remember who you are as a person. You'll be a happier parent, and that will make you a better parent.
- Play! Get on the ground and play with your kids. Dance around with them like no one is watching. Put away the iPhone, turn off the computer, and remember what it was like to be a kid.
- Stay healthy. This ties in to #1. Make sure you get enough exercise, eat properly, and get your check-ups. A sick parent does no one any good.
- Let go of perfect. It's not going to happen. Embrace your imperfection, and be the best parent you can be.
- Enjoy the small moments. Those toddler belly laughs. The soft skin of your little one. The amazement when they see new things. These little moments are the most precious.
What things make you a happier parent?