LilSugarSource: Ice Cream Social: The Best Ice Cream Parlors Around the Country
Load on the sprinkles and put a cherry on top because today is National Ice Cream Day! Summer is in full swing, and there's no better time to enjoy the cold, creamy treat. Every town has their cherished sundae spot, but we've rounded up the best parlors across the land. From a spot serving amazing handcrafted gelato to unique dives, these ice cream parlors are fun for the whole family. Did we miss your favorite? Make sure to leave a comment sharing the best ice cream in your neck of the woods!
- Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlour - Dania Beach, FL: Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlour is so full of excitement that you almost forget you're there for a tasty treat! Featured on the Food Network, Jaxson's is a family-friendly dive that you can't miss if you're in South Florida.
- Big Dipper Ice Cream - Missoula, MT: This local favorite has been featured in Food and Wine as well as Budget Travel. Big Dipper Ice Cream offers visitors flavors from vanilla to saffron almond. But the fan favorite is huckleberry!
- Gray's Ice Cream - Tiverton, RI: If you're anywhere near Gray's Ice Cream, you've got to stop for a cone. Making some of the best ice cream in the area for over 88 years, Gray's Ice Cream often has a line around the corner filled with people from all over the country. This favorite ice cream joint even made the list of USA Today's best ice cream parlors!
More from LilSugar: Feeling Hot? Frozen Treats Under 150 Calories
- Capogiro Gelato - Philadelphia, PA: With three locations in the greater Philadelphia area, Capogiro Gelato is a Philly favorite. Flavors include everything from Thai coconut milk to classic chocolate, so there's a flavor for everyone in the family. And Capogiro Gelato made the list of National Geographic's top 10 places to eat ice cream - in the world!
- Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream - Columbus, OH: Not only can you visit Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream at one of the three Columbus, OH, locations, you can purchase the delectable creams online. There's no denying Jeni's has something for everyone, with signature flavors from Askinosie dark chocolate to brambleberry crisp.
- Blue Marble - Brooklyn, NY: Since 2007, Blue Marble Ice Cream has been churning out some of Brooklyn's most famous ice creams. Making the list of Food and Wine's best ice cream spots in the US, Blue Marble offers flavors such as mint chip and pumpkin. Ice cream lovers can eat at the store or purchase online.
- Humphry Slocombe - San Francisco, CA: Featured in the New York Times, this San Francisco ice cream parlor is a real find. Humphry Slocombe uses local Straus Organic Dairy as the base for their ice creams and features organic ingredients. Humphry Slocombe tempts taste buds with flavors such as milk chocolate tarragon and butter beer.
More from LilSugar: I Scream, You Scream: 9 Fun Ice Cream Toys For Your Lil Sweet Tooth!
- Gelato Bar - Los Angeles, CA: Topping the list of LA Weekly's five best gelato shops, Gelato Bar is where it's at for creamy treats. Freshly made each and every morning, the Hillhurst Avenue shop offers flavors from alpine mint to tiramisu.
- Grand Ole Creamery - St. Paul, MN: As seen on Man v. Food Nation, Grand Ole Creamery has been serving homemade ice cream for 27 years. During Summer, they are known to have a line around the corner - and then some! But don't worry, the line moves quickly while waiting for a scoop of flavors such as Birthday Cake or Nutty Professor!
- Margie's Candies - Chicago, IL: With two locations in Chicago, Margie's Candies has been providing ice cream lovers with scoops since 1933. This fan favorite is know for their amazing sundaes, but you can also get a cone filled with one of their classic flavors, such as butter pecan and pistachio.
- Little Man Ice Cream - Denver, CO: Sitting under a mongo metal milk jug, Little Man Ice Cream is a favorite in the Highland area of Denver. Offering cones, sundaes, and malts, this is a must stop if you're in the Denver area!
- J.P. Licks - Boston, MA: There's no denying J.P. Licks is one of Boston's favorite ice cream parlors. Savor a scoop of fresh peach or Negative Chip - or top some vanilla with a sprinkling of goodies! Stop in one of their several Boston area locations for a real treat!
The Ultimate Ice Cream Social Menu
Shake It Up: Homemade Single-Serving Ice Cream (in a Bag!)
Raise a Cone to Ice Cream!
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook