LilSugarSource: Jet-Set Family: 10 Apps For Families Going on Spring Break
Hit the road without hitting rock bottom! Spring break is prime time for travel - be it for a trip to grandma's house or on a vacation - but getting there isn't always half the fun. Eliminate mad dashes through the airport in search of a toilet and road trip boredom with a few apps designed to make the air, roads, and rails just a wee bit friendlier!
- Where (free): No need to aimlessly drive around looking for a gas station (or search for the cheapest one in the area) with the Where app. The app also provides weather updates, traffic information, and movie schedules - perfect for when everyone needs a little break from "family time."
- Snapfinger (free): Want to make the tots feel at home? Find one of their favorite chain restaurants with Snapfinger. The app will show you the closest outposts of national favorites like Subway, Outback, California Pizza Kitchen, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Moe's, Baja Fresh, BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse, Fatburger, and more.
- Next Flight ($3): Holiday travel inevitably means flight delays and cancellations. Don't waste time calling the airlines to figure out which other flights are available. Try the Next Flight app. It pulls up all flights still available that day, allowing mama to make one call to put everyone back on track.
- Family Car Games ($2): Eliminate road trip boredom with the Family Car Games app. The 100 games, including classics like A-to-Z signs and Rock, Paper, Scissors, are sure to entertain everyone along for the ride.
- Priceline Hotel & Car Negotiator (free): When grandma's house is too full (or when the hotel you were planning to stay at isn't working out), try the Priceline Hotel & Car Negotiator app. After choosing the star level and location, the app finds the nearest hotels with availability at a fraction of the listed price.
More from LilSugar: 5 Great Places to Find Online Videos For Kids
- Sit or Squat (free): Never worry about the state of a public restroom again! The SitOrSquat app rates the potties by cleanliness and provides changing table information as well.
- GateGuru (free): Don't wander aimlessly through the airport looking for a kid-friendly lunch that can be brought on the plane. The GateGuru app provides restaurant, shopping, restroom, and ATM information for 86 US airports, including maps of where the destinations are located.
- Rest Area Finder (free): You'll know just how long your lil one needs to hold it with the Rest Area Finder. The app automatically updates to find the closest restrooms as you move along toward your destination.
- Pack & Go Deluxe ($3): Last minute packing is easier than ever with the app. The apps' pre-written packing lists can be modified to include your family's personal additions and the automated reminders help ensure that mama doesn't forget to get the passports or fill the car up with gas.
- TripIt (free): No need to fumble through folders of information with the Trip-It app. Store flight, car rental, and hotel information in one place and then refer back to it when planning your next trip!
11 Tips For Surviving Your First Trip to Walt Disney World
Do You Drug Your Kids For Airplane Travel?
5 Great Tech Finds For Moms and Kids at CES 2012
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook