This is a common query for most mothers who keep trying to relieve their kids from wetness that is uncomfortable and irritating both for the mother as well as the child. Years back there were no diapers, but today diapers are a blessing in disguise, and have made life much easier for mummies and fun for their children.
Diapers make the child smile, they make him carefree and he moves about without complaining about wetness. Diapers keep the child happy and their mother's tension-free.
Diapers are easy to use, dispose and they don't stink.
They save time as they don't require cleaning and washing.
Diapers are helpful, whether your child be indoors or outdoors. They last for hours and keep the baby dry, and can be easily changed without much fuss.
Diapers are increasingly in demand and are worn by babies even at home. Also, diapers when compared to the traditionally used cotton cloth, which needed to be changed very often, are much easier and convenient.They put the baby to a sound sleep.
When do friends turn foes?
Sometimes diapers can cause diaper rash which can irritate the baby. Constant use of diapers can cause skin irritation leading to rashes, redness and swelling around the diaper area.
Diapers can be very uncomfortable for the baby if they fit too tightly. Mothers must keep the diaper loose enough for the bay to be able to walk and move about easily.
Chemicals like sodium polyacrylate used in the making of diapers, are used in the powdered form to make the diaper super absorbent. These chemicals can have allergic reactions on the baby's skin. Constant use of diapers can also lead to darkening of skin around the diaper area.
- Good Quality: It is advisable to use branded baby care products.
- Right size: The right size of diaper goes a long way in comforting the baby. Too tight fitting diaper can cause skin irritation, while a lose fitting one, can be uncomfortable.
- Use when out: Use disposable diapers only when the baby is sleeping or outing. Also when out of home, remember to carry an extra pack of diapers.
- Change: Remember to change diapers after every 4 to 5 hours in the day or while the baby is asleep.
- Prefer a cloth nappy at home: Using disposable diapers constantly at home, raises the chances of 'diaper rash'. Hence, as far as possible, opt for cotton cloth nappies instead of diapers.
- Train them: Potty training is a must when the baby starts talking and understanding things. Don't always diaper them; teach them to inform you when they want to go to the toilet. It is is always good to start early so avoid diapering your baby at home.
- Diaper Rash: Whenever the baby is suffering from diaper rash, use a 'diaper rash cream' to ease the pain. Avoid using a diaper till the rash fades off.
- Hygiene: Maintain hygiene while changing diapers
- Dry well: Ensure that the baby is dry, before you diaper him/her.
- Wash the cloth nappies: After cloth nappies have been used, wash them with mild detergents.
- Don't Reuse: Don't reuse disposable diapers.
More:-Various Types of Baby Bedding Available to Parents
Charging Your Adult Child With Expenses at Home
Are You Having Issues With Your Disrespectful Children?