I'm not one of those happy, smiley, everything is the best in the world kind of pregnant ladies. Not that there is anything wrong with being one -- it's just not me. Not yet.
Maybe in a week or two when I am into my second trimester, but I've been a pukey, pimply, cranky mess. Ah yes, a pukey, pimply, cranky, scared mama-to-be mess who is really happy to be pregnant. As you know, if you read this blog.
The other night, at about 3:34am, after getting up to pee and not being able to fall back asleep, I tossed and turned thinking about the things I miss most during pregnancy.
I know...I should shut off the brain and try to sleep. But it thinks without me! I try -- I even count sheep!
So here's my top 10 most missed things....
- Margaritas. I never even knew I liked tequila so much! I'm not a lush -- maybe it's because it's summer and it's fruitlicious. But, here are some mocktail recipes.
- My ankles. They barely exist anymore.
- Sex. I've been too nauseous to have it, yet I really want to have it!
- Bikini waxes. I don't like hair down there. Now I have hair everywhere and shaving isn't my thing. I shave, but it's not the same as waxing.
- My vagina. See 3 and 4.
- Sushi. Not that I was that adventurous, but I loved me a spicy crunchy tuna roll. Sure, I'm doing the AAC roll (avocado, asparagus, cucumber), but, again, it's not the same.
- Coffee. Ooh that second and third cup I used to have in the mornings or that mid-day cup of joe -- caffeine fixes were once my addiction. Now I'm addicted to wearing my Sea Bands.
- Staying up after 9:30pm. To think I used to go out until 2am sounds so crazy to me. Now that's when I get up for my first pee of the night.
- Riding my bike and rollerskating. I bought new roller skates last year, but can't lace up and I love riding my bike around the park. Have to wait until next year when I'll be riding and rolling off the baby weight.
- Jeans. I wore jeans probably 300 days out of the year. I can't fit in mine and don't want to invest in maternity jeans just yet.
Don't worry. I'm not all gloom and doom. I have a list of things I love the most about pregnancy coming tomorrow.
What are the things you miss most during pregnancy?
Written by Michele Zipp for CafeMom's Pregnancy Buzz