There isn't a news outlet anywhere (Shine included!) that hasn't been champing at the bit to find out what Kim and Kanye named their new baby girl. TMZ.com magically got their hands on the official birth certificate first and reported that the new little lady is called North West—not the K-whatever that every one had predicted.
More on YAHOO!: Fashion Musts For Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Baby Girl
Clearly, North's parents were trying to come up with a witty, playful name that uses a fun riff on words—but the whole directional thing falls kind of flat. However, just when we were starting to feel sorry for the baby (its not her fault!), we recalled many other celeb parents who did the same to their star babies, so at least she's in good company:
- Actor Rob Morrow has a daughter named Tu Morrow.
- Actor Jason Lee has a son named Pilot Inspektor.
- Singer Jermaine Jackson has a son named Jermajesty.
There are also those celebrity parents who chose to dub their babies objects or or numbers instead of traditional names:
- Actress Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband Chris Martin (of Coldplay) named their daughter Apple.
- Michael Jackson's youngest son Prince Michael II is simply called Blanket.
- Singer Erykah Badu son with fellow singer Andre Benjamin is named Seven.
- Tennis legend Arthur Ashe's daughter is named Camera.
- Who could forget Toni Braxton's sons, Denim and Diezel?
Until more news is released from KimYe and the Kardashian Klan about the meaning behind little girl's name, we'll just go ahead and assume that her parents know best and she truly does look like a "North." Whatever that might mean.Also on Shine:
What?! See The Famous Couple That Sent A $12,000 Crystal-Studded High Chair To Kim Kardashian and Kanye West
Keeping Up With Beyonce: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Spending $1 Million On Baby's Birth
The Gender Of Kim Kardashian's Baby Will Be Revealed This Sunday