photo credit: REUTERS/Paul Drinkwater/NBC/Handout It's been a busy weekend in octuplet obsession land. We're all still talking about the many questions we all have related to their birth; their mom, Nadya Suleman; and the idea of being addicted to having kids.
But more news abounds. Here's the latest:
- Suleman's mom, Angela, spoke with Radaronline.com about how she believes her daughter is simply incapable of taking care of her kids. More disturbing? Check out the photos of the home where the family currently lives-and imagine 8 newborns in the picture.
- The Medical Board of California has launched an investigation into the fertility doctor who implanted Suleman with six embryos. (He works at West Coast IVF in Beverly Hills, Calif. The site is currently down.) And one big concern is that this same doctor handled the in vitro fertilization for her other pregnancies, which resulted in six births.
- Suleman was interviewed by Ann Curry of NBC's "Today Show." (Part two of the interview will air on Tuesday.) She showed off her babies, who are all beautiful and adorable, and for the love of Pete, my ovaries ache just seeing them (but not enough to have more babies). She also shares their names. Watch it. Tell me what you think.
- Suleman looks frighteningly like Angelina Jolie. Entertainment Editor Joanna Douglas walks you through the similarities. (Shine user Keli J. shares her take on Suleman's Jolie-like lips as well).
- One columnist from Time.com wonders if we should call a truce on Suleman and "let this woman work out her very challenging circumstances without our vitriol making it any harder. The decisions we make about parenting are some of the most personal of our lives; these houses are all made of glass, and I'm not sure how many of us could withstand this level of incoming fire."
I'm worn out just reading all about it.
More octuplet obsession reading:
Can you be addicted to having babies?
Octuplet obsession: Who, what, where, when and...WHY?!
Mom of octuplets plans to breastfeed her babies