Motherhood is hot and television will be cashing in on it this Fall when a bunch of new shows focused on matriarchs hit the small screen. We've discussed TV producers' inability to capture parenthood in the past, but this season's crop of sitcoms and dramas looks promising. Take a look at what the networks are putting together and tell us which ones you will watch.
- Accidentally on Purpose - Starring Jenna Elfman and Grant Show, the series is based on the text of the same name by Mary Pols. The story of a film critic who becomes pregnant after a one-night stand, the comedy will focus on her relationship with the baby's dad while expecting and juggling work.
- The Middle - Starring Patricia Heaton, The Middle is about a stressed-out mom of three raising her middle-class family in the Midwest. Already being compared to Malcolm in the Middle, the series is told from the mother's perspective.
- Cougar Town - Starring Courteney Cox, Cougar Town is about a forty-year-old divorcee heading back onto the dating scene. From the creator of Scrubs, the series follows the hot mama as she embarks on romantic relationships and raises her teenage son.
- The Good Wife - In her return to NBC, Julianna Margulies stars in The Good Wife, a series about a stay-at-home mom who is forced to return to work when her husband (Chris Noth) is involved in a public scandal. Margulies plays an attorney re-entering the workforce and juggling her marriage, children and an overbearing mother-in-law (Christine Baranski).
- Modern Family - Trying to capture three different types of families, Modern Family showcases the lives of a married couple with teenage and tween-age children, a grandfather married to a much younger woman and raising kids again, and a gay couple who have just adopted a baby from Vietnam. Julie Bowen plays a mom of three who parents her husband as much as their children.
- Parenthood - Based on the 80's movie of the same name, Parenthood follows the Braverman siblings and how each character handles the stage of child planning or rearing they are in.
- Which Parenting Show Are You Most Excited About? - Answer our poll here.
10 Ways TV Shows Bared or Covered Pregnant Bellies
Miley's Pole Dance, Time to Turn Off Hannah Montana?
5 Mysteries of Children's TV Shows