Source: The Hottest Baby Shower Trend: Planning a Party For Dad
Moms aren't the only ones celebrating an addition to their family these days. While some parents-to-be opt for a couples shower, a new trend is putting the focus on the man of the house. A "dadchelor" party (also know as man-shower, diaper party, daddymoon, and dadelor party) is daddy's last hurrah before the baby comes. Often described as the male counterpart of a baby shower, it's actually more like a bachelor party but with diapers. And they've become increasingly popular of the last year or two.
Is dad-to-be complaining about feeling left out due to the baby shower? A dadchelor party might be just what he needs.
Only men are allowed at this fete, but you can rest assured that there will be plenty of beer, food, and diapers!
- The "Best Man": Planning a dadchelor party is a lot like planning a bachelor party. Designate a "best man" to play the part of host. After all, this is a men only party.
- Setting the Date:Men love their sports. Plan a dadchelor party on the day of a major sports event. Make sure the date of the party is at least one month before the baby's due date. Mommy going into labor during a dadchelor party sounds like a bad idea. Having the baby shower and the dadchelor party on the same day is also common practice.
- The Invitations: Guys like to keep it simple. Send an email invitation.
- The Menu: Meat, meat and more meat. Steaks, burgers, hot dogs, and BBQ wings make the perfect spread for such an occasion.
- The Party Games: You won't see the boys playing baby bingo at a dadchelor party. A friendly game of cards will do the trick, but make it interesting. Instead of playing for money, have players buy-in with a case of diapers.
- Gift Exchange: No baby registries required for this baby shower. Ask guests to bring a case of diapers in exchange for a case of beer.
- The After Party: Some dads-to-be opt for "one last night" of pub-crawling with the boys after the day's festivities. It's going to be a while before they can leave mom and baby alone for the night.
Modern Baby Shower Elements to Consider
Classic Baby Shower Elements to Consider
The Pull Present
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook