Everyone looks forward to vacation time, whether it's going to see friends or relatives or taking a special trip. However, traveling can sometimes be stressful. There is packing to do, itineraries to compose, and, frequently, excited children to contend with. But by following some simple steps and engaging in some pre-vacation planning, you can make your vacation stress much less!
The American Society of Travel Agents offers this advice for reducing travel troubles:
Traveling by Air:
· Book your tickets asap.
· Arrive early.
· Keep a close eye on all your belongings.
· Be aware of luggage weight limits
· Know before you go what can be carried on and what cannot.
Traveling by Car:
· Plan itineraries and book accommodations well in advance.
· Get a tune up.
· Get an early start on holiday grid lock
If you are traveling with children, there are ways to keep them occupied and yourself from going crazy! Here are some suggestions to help everyone enjoy getting to your destination:
· Get them out of school early. A few hours early will not affect their attendance record in most districts, and it will get you a jump on holiday traffic.
More from Intent.com: