Yesterday, I wrote a blog post about my five favorite kid shows. I watch television with my kidlets, so I see cartoons on a regular basis. I must admit, it was not an easy list to compile. I asked my children to tell me which shows they like the most and even asked my husband for input. The point of my blog post was to identify the shows that aren't annoying to parents. Let's face it, many of them are. I was forced to create my list by process of elimination. Here are a few things about kid shows I just can't stand:
1. - Men wearing tights. I find this totally ridiculous. What happened to normal pants? Why in the world does a grown man need to jump around and dance for an audience of small children wearing nothing but a smile and thin layer of spandex? If you know, please enlighten me.
2. - Characters with mismatched outfits. I understand these shows are all about bright colors and carefree attitudes, but why must the characters wear a pink top, orange socks, purple shoes, green shorts, etc. It really starts to bug me after the first 10 minutes. I keep wishing for a "makeover" episode where the character gets a new look and they burn the bad clothes in an animated inferno.
3. - Cartoon animals with tails. Have you noticed the Wonder Pets character, Tuck (the turtle), no longer has a tail? I won't elaborate, but when he stands up and walks around on two feet, it doesn't look like a tail….
4. - Puppet people. Oh, the downright freaky, puppet people. These cartoons feature a mixture of real people and people in puppet-like costumes. It doesn't bother me in shows like Sesame Street because all of those characters are fluffy and lovable. In the newer shows, these characters are creepy and unnerving. If one of them rang my doorbell, I'd surely grab a weapon.
5. - Tricking us with yelling disguised as singing. You might be able to fool a toddler, but adults know the difference. Just because you can be really loud and read lyrics, doesn't make it a song. There's also a difference between "catchy" repetitive phrases and "make your ears bleed" repetitive phrases.After thoroughly exploring my pet peeves about television entertainment for children, I did come up with my five favorite shows! Hop over to Family Style to read my post! I've listed five educational, unique and witty shows that won't make you wince at all. Then again, maybe they will. What do you think???